Bursitis

Options
Has anyone ever had hip bursitis? I'm a runner and was just diagnosed with it today. Does anyone have any recommendations of a speedy recovery.

Replies

• runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever had hip bursitis? I'm a runner and was just diagnosed with it today. Does anyone have any recommendations of a speedy recovery.
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosised with Bursitis in April. I work-up in horrible pain unable to walk. I had Bursitis in my right hip only. My doctor attributed to the Treadmill. I don't know if there is a "speedy recovery." You have to take care of yourself.

My doctor recomended stretching exercises for the hips. She gave me a pamphlet. In regards to exercise, she said (in this order) swimming, bicycle, and elliptical. NO TREADMILL/RUNNING. :laugh:

It did improve, although, I did have some slight pain depending on the intensity of my workouts until very recently. What changed? Yoga, and all it took was 3 1hour classes. I have incorporated Yoga into my workouts, and now I can exercise just as hard or harder on the ellipitcal and/or stairmaster and be pain free.

Maybe websites specific to runners will have more and better infomation regarding Brusitis and your sport. Not running probably won't work for you! :noway:
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Well, I have been told that I need to sleep with 2 pillows between my knees if I lay on my side. I can't do 2, so I do 1. If I am on my back I have one under my knees.

I went to physical therapy for something else, but they also taught me to roll a towel and tape it. Put it on the ground and lay on it right where it hurts and move your body up and down rolling yourself over that towel. Haha, sounds crazy huh? Or you can use that towel and lay on your side and have someone else move the towel up and down on your hip with a lot of pressure.

Mine has gotten a lot better.
    Good luck!