never realized

Options
wow..i went and bought an exercise bike yesterday....i NEVER realized just how out of shape i am...but i just got done burning 189.6 calories and feeling good about it....i hope everyone is doing well :tongue:

Replies

• kewlmama
    Options
    wow..i went and bought an exercise bike yesterday....i NEVER realized just how out of shape i am...but i just got done burning 189.6 calories and feeling good about it....i hope everyone is doing well :tongue:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    GREAT, keep it up:flowerforyou:
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Yeah boy, when we first got our elliptical I thought "Piece of cake" (sorry even my expressions have to do with food!). Boy what I WRONG! It took me weeks to work up to more than a fifteen minute run at it. Hang in there. Just add a minute to your time every few days and pretty soon you'll be unstoppable!
    Cowboy
  • trishara
    Options
    My husband and I just bought an stationary bike as well. It totally kicked my butt. Only 15 mins, but I figured, hey I just started and I'll work up to more.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. About 5 years ago I was doing exercise tapes everynight. Then I stopped. Now I started again and it is about killing me. I can't wait for them to start to get easy.
  • suevittorioso
    Options
    :grumble: exercize is the absolute worse for me.i set my former living room up into a "home gym"(we use the family room for living anyway). there's a treadmill and an ab lounge and a total gym.i've started to train myself to get up at 4:15 instead of 5 to get a work out in and still i can't say i'm consistent in any way. and then 15 minutes is what i manage on the tread and 5 at the ab lounge. i'm just going to keep plugging away. it's gonna click-good habits are harder to make than bad-i swear!:smile:
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    The first time I tried a cross trainer/ elliptical I only lasted 2 minutes. I kid you not, I thought I was going to die! I had been working out at a Curves like place for over a year at that point too. Now I've worked up to 30-45 minutes. Then I feel like I'm going to die. :tongue: