71 pounds lost. Plateau help!

Options
Hi! since February 2014 I have lost a total of 71 pounds. (clean eating and lots and lots of cardio) I'm currently starting on strength training (started 3-4 weeks ago) and I've really hit rock bottom with fat loss. I do 30-40 min of cardio (running, stair stepper, elliptical, I like to mix it up) then I do roughly 30 min of strength training. I haven't lost inches or weight and I have 10-15 pounds left to lose. getting really discouraged. anyone have advice??

Replies

• lastfarewell
    lastfarewell Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Congratulations on the 71 pounds!! Your post is in the introduction forum where people who are just starting out introduce themselves. I recommend posting your question in one of the other forums, such as fitness and exercise, where you are more likely to get advice from people who have been where you are.

Best wishes!
  • RobPA1
    RobPA1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring fat percentage? Caliper, Bod Pod?
  • Jacklintan
    Jacklintan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! Wow! 71 pounds?? That's like 11 stones! Congratulation! I think you're consistent with your weight loss program and you have done it so well.
    Don't get discouraged. Maybe you could watch something like Supersize Vs Superskinny on youtube.com. It's very motivating!
    I'm totally overwhelmed and happy for you Brittaney!
    Congrates again!
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You'll reach plateaus now and then. Check how much you're eating. If you're eating around 1200 or so, try upping your calories for a week and eating at maintenance. While it's scary to do, it'll actually help with confusing your metabolism.
  • FTF2014
    FTF2014 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Best tip is not to bug out 1st off. Many people have reached a plateau and broke it. Look over your calories and make sure your following it correctly. If you are you might need to numb the calories up 300-400 for a couple of days 3-4 then go back down to the calorie amount you have now. Good luck and you will succeed so don't sweat it the plateau is temporary.