Greek turkey burgers YUM!

2»

Replies

• peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    I will definitely try these....a dollop of low fat sour cream on top...
  • veggiesnyc
    veggiesnyc Posts: 14 Member
    Just made this last night for diner and it was FANTASTIC! I used ground chicken instead of turkey and used sheep milk feta (creamier than most store bought Feta) and it was so good.
    I made 4 big patty but unlike beef it doesn't really shrink when it cooks, next time i'll make 6.
    Thanks for the recipe!

I'm so glad you liked them! Think I'll be making these again this week myself :)
  • CorrieJane
    CorrieJane Posts: 249 Member
    bump for later! thanks!!
  • labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    saw this recipe on all recipes....sounds delish and they do have a fat free feta athenos....its not bad
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    bump
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    I do a very similar recipe, except that I do saute the onion and minced garlic together first, and I also add in a box of frozen/thawed WELL DRAINED spinach. I think it was a recipe I got from Rachael Ray, and then just kind of played with to suit my tastes. Fab in a pita with homemade tzatziki and lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and raw onion.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    yum! This sounds great! Thank you for posting!
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    They sound lovely, I must try them, and they should make a nice alternative to my rather simple beef burgers :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I changed the proportions a little bit but made some tonight and it was delicious.. with homemade tzatziki sauce and some pitas. Each patty was 190 calories for 135g (raw). Totally hit my craving for gyros and the kids loved it too! Thanks so much for posting this.
  • BeginningAgainMay14
    BeginningAgainMay14 Posts: 97 Member
    bump
  • pamelashell
    pamelashell Posts: 1 Member
    This is also really good with chopped tomatoes and spinich mixed in.
  • B0rnC0nfus3d
    B0rnC0nfus3d Posts: 422 Member
    tasty-burger.gif