The Easiest Diet EVER!!!

Straight from former NFL player (Philadelphia Eagles) and coach (New York Jets and Kansas City Chiefs) coach Herm Edwards....

....wait for it....

The OFF-HAND DIET!! He says if you are right-handed, eat with your left hand and if you are left-handed, eat with your right hand. Inevitably, you'll be slow and spill stuff all over yourself so you'll wind up saying "F it" and therefore, eat less. GENIUS!!!

Oh, and if you are ambidextrous, you're just screwed. You'll never lose weight so you may as well just go get some Little Debbie cakes.

swiss.gif?w=570

Replies

• 1983ashleigh
    1983ashleigh Posts: 34 Member
    Great idea! I've never thought of doing that one!
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    there was me thinking this was going to be a "buy these diet pills thread"
  • luna323
    luna323 Posts: 25 Member
    LOL! this made my morning.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    :angry: Now I want Swiss Cake Rolls.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Dammit! I am ambidextrous! Where are those damn cakes!?
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Herm is the BEST!

http://youtu.be/b5-iJUuPWis
  • Jess__I__Can
    Jess__I__Can Posts: 307 Member
    I do this. I like it.
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Ohhhhh Little Debbie
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member

swiss.gif?w=570

mmmmmm...cupcakes
  • Hahahaha. Guess I'm screwed. More beer it is ...
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    I spill stuff regardless. Doesn't deter me; I just eat the stuff off my shirt.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    I was thinking, ambidextrous means you don't get to use hands to eat. But that might not deter me either.

Send me your donuts (better than Little Debbie)
  • hurricaneemly
    hurricaneemly Posts: 23 Member
    Straight from former NFL player (Philadelphia Eagles) and coach (New York Jets and Kansas City Chiefs) coach Herm Edwards....

....wait for it....

The OFF-HAND DIET!! He says if you are right-handed, eat with your left hand and if you are left-handed, eat with your right hand. Inevitably, you'll be slow and spill stuff all over yourself so you'll wind up saying "F it" and therefore, eat less. GENIUS!!!

Oh, and if you are ambidextrous, you're just screwed. You'll never lose weight so you may as well just go get some Little Debbie cakes.

swiss.gif?w=570

LOL Heard that this morning. Made me laugh, but then thought.... He might be on to something.
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    I'm pretty sure they talked about this during an episode of Supersize vs. Superskinny (or, was it Secret Eaters??). Anyway...they sent people to the movies and half of them had an oven mitt on their dominant hand. They gave them a bucket of popcorn and told them to eat as much as they want. Those that used their dominant hand did, in fact, eat more.

Now, that's only one study, but I'm sure there is some form of truth to this.

I'm just too clutzy, can't do s*it with my left hand. LOL!
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    swiss rolls? please, i'm stepping up for a box of those oatmeal cream pies.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Unfortunately I eat with my mouth.

Therefore I am screwed.
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Makes sense, anything that slows down the rate you eat, or stops you shovelling food into your mouth without thought, can only help. You'll probably realise you're full before you eat as much as you normally do, and thus eat less and lose weight.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    I'm a lefty, and i seem to be able to eat a lot of things with my right hand....as long as it doesn't involve forks and spoons! LOL:drinker:
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    I might as well starve myself....lol... trying to pick up anything with my non-dominant hand ends in failure! :frown:
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    What do you do with a sandwich or burger? Is there some kind of cross-hand grip that can be implemented to slow you down?