What Would You Do If You Saw.....

Replies

• ginakiki
    ginakiki Posts: 226 Member
    bump
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Gina you are amazing!!!!!!!! I'm SO glad that family is going to take those dogs. I hope you can find the scumbag who was punching his dog. What a disgusting piece of human garbage. I have a female pit bull and I love her to death! I'd kill someone if they ever punched her. I hate people who abuse animals. There is a special place in hell for them! Please keep me updated on your search.

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!
  • kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    This makes me want to throw up! I pray that poor dog gets away from him!!!! WHY are people like that?!?! :mad:
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Video tape it and call the humane society, they have the right t remove the animal from the owner on terms of neglect or abuse. I don't think the cops are able to help.
  • ginakiki
    Gina you are amazing!!!!!!!! I'm SO glad that family is going to take those dogs. I hope you can find the scumbag who was punching his dog. What a disgusting piece of human garbage. I have a female pit bull and I love her to death! I'd kill someone if they ever punched her. I hate people who abuse animals. There is a special place in hell for them! Please keep me updated on your search.

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!

aww thank u I am one of those people that love all animals. if i can save one life it makes a difference
  • ginakiki
    So today's update no sign of her I been looking up lost pets or dogs for sale in the area and such luck, i had a lead but it went cold, i feel like this guy went into hiding but i remb his face and that dog. I will find her.

A few years ago I was driving home from my dads and i was on the highway but i was on the exit ramp and in the corner of my eye i saw a dog following a homeless guy in a parking lot. So I turned around I was with my ex bf at the time and i pulled into the parking lot and got out. It was a very sketchy area but it was light out and i was with someone. It was a rest stop and these guys from the phone company were like is that your dog....i am like no. They go we been trying to catch it for 2 hours. And I go I will get him...they were laughing and saying your not going to catch him, hes nasty and nipped my friend...we had treats and it ran away from us. I go ok i will be back with the dog in ten mins. I told my Ex bf at the time follow me with the car.....The dog was a miniature chihuahua and a mix of doberman pinscher....so i follow the dog it ran from me and barked and i just sat down and it jumped in my lap...my face was priceless, I couldnt wait to walk back and show those guys what a little 5 feet girl could do. I walk back the dog is licking my face and they were speechless they said that was like 2 mins how did u do that, i said i must have a gift...and got in the car.

I went home and began my search..no chip....not missing...I had him for a week. I couldnt keep him and i had a appt with a non kill shelter to take him. I was like I have to find this dog a home. I went online and read this family blog I thought I had found there dog but there dog was female. It said on forth of july there dog Darby ran out of the house cause they had people coming in and out. They were sooooo heartbroken they made a site for her cause they swore they would never give up on her...they hired pet detectives...it was 2 years of looking for her. They werent giving up but they started to give up hope...and starting to go to shelters and other places to adopt another dog. And the kill shelters were like we cant give u another dog u lost one already...i couldnt believe what i was reading. So I called the number and said hi i dont have your dog but i have a dog that looks just like your dog it could be its twin. I texted them pics, they called me back in seconds there like we want him....It was a family of 4 two girls...they were crying and saying can we meet him. So we meet in a public place and i am thinking I hope this family is ok and we pull up....the dog ran to them and was soooo happy. This family was like we didnt know who we were going to meet either. I swear the father and mother were sobbing they said it was as if there dog came back in a diff form. They saw other dogs just like her and felt nothing. They said they truly believe it was a sign from there other dog. A week later they called me and said hes new name was Brady...they Took Darby and mixed the letters around. The vet said he was a puppy and very well taken care of....so i did research in that area....there was a run down house breeding dogs and selling the same breed and he must have gotten away. Every Holiday they text me pics with the dog and tell me that I am there guardian angel that came to them....and that they pray for me and everyone in there life knows about me. I never been so touched in my life.
  • ginakiki
    Video tape it and call the humane society, they have the right t remove the animal from the owner on terms of neglect or abuse. I don't think the cops are able to help.

I will try I know the cops dont have time..they need to make a law for animal abuse...i know they some knew law somewhere
  • ginakiki
    bump
  • 05suu
    05suu Posts: 90 Member
    Wouldn't trust US police with anything to do with animals...they don't seem to have much compassion.......there are so many instances of them shooting dogs...one time because it was a homeless guy and the dog was barking...and several times recently there have been reports that they have gone into peoples yards and shot a dog for no apparent reason...
    Try an animal shelter type place if you have any in the area.....
  • Lisa1971
    Any updates?????
  • ginakiki
    Nope...not yet I am going to jump in the shower now and go looking I will let u know xo
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Bring some mace or at least a baseball bat with you. You are doing the smart thing just be safe too.

Dean
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    You need to find some people who do Pit rescue.

Neither the police nor the SPCA will actually help. In most of the US the standard for animal treatment are insane. Locally we had a case where someone almost starved a dog and a chain had grown into it's neck...a judge gave the dog back because the family had kids and the family was found to be starving the dog again.

Check around and find some local people who do pit rescue. If the dog is left unattended they may be willing to "pitnap" the dog and take it somewhere safe.
  • ginakiki
    You need to find some people who do Pit rescue.

Neither the police nor the SPCA will actually help. In most of the US the standard for animal treatment are insane. Locally we had a case where someone almost starved a dog and a chain had grown into it's neck...a judge gave the dog back because the family had kids and the family was found to be starving the dog again.

Check around and find some local people who do pit rescue. If the dog is left unattended they may be willing to "pitnap" the dog and take it somewhere safe.

I contacted the SPCA they guy who helped me we exchanged numbers and we r both doing searches. You have a great idea. the problem is no address and i havent seen him. trying to find her thanks again
  • ginakiki
    updates:
    my neighbors r def looking at me weird I stalk the streets everyday and all diff times...not dog and no guy. i did however found 2 houses that def have a pit....there cars have pit stickers all over them...i am def guessing thats not his house. And the other house very run down and has dogs in the back saw a pit there...and a bike in front that looks like the one he was using..so we will see
  • ginakiki
    no new updates...still the same i might have a better chance later cause both times i saw him was after kickboxing
  • Lisa1971
    Stay safe and good luck!
  • ginakiki
    Great News I have More Eyes on this guy....i contacted the neighbor hood group and one of them belongs to a animal group...so as of now we have people looking for him and they r pissed lol yeaaaaa!!!!
  • california_haley
    california_haley Posts: 220 Member
    Happy things are going at least a little better.

the puppies we took to animal control over the weekend just went back to their "home" but in the morning a neighbor is calling to basically yell at animal control like how the hell could they just send them back
  • ginakiki
    Happy things are going at least a little better.

the puppies we took to animal control over the weekend just went back to their "home" but in the morning a neighbor is calling to basically yell at animal control like how the hell could they just send them back

how can they do that...thats crazy ...how many strikes does they guy have