Women who are 5'8, what size pant are you at what weight?

Replies

• 5ft 8in
    Weight 184lbs
    Current Pant Size 10
    Can't wait to get back into my size 6 jeans!! :)
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Update...
    Made it to 175 and bought my first size 10 pants!!!
    5'9"
    just fitting into 11/12's...
    although one 12 was too big...
    hoping to be a 10 when I reach my goal weight of 175...
    plus flabby arms - Nothing much to do there... I've got my granny's arms...
  • i'm 5'8" and 192 pounds. My size can be either a 12 or 14 depending on the clothing material. I have noticed that Old Navy sweetheart jeans I am a size 12 comfortably and yet, if I went to the Gap a size 12 jeans wouldn't fit.

I think a previous poster mentioned that it depends on your body type/shape regarding the jean size. I have a small waist but big hips and thighs and a JLO booty...lol
    My problem is finding jeans that fit in my hips but then are too big on my waist.

Before I gained weight I was wearing a size 8 or 10. So if you are losing weight and that is where you are then you are doing well. Congratulations!
  • anglergirl3
    anglergirl3 Posts: 113 Member
    5/8" - 163 - Size 8
    (When I was 155 I was a size 10 - go figure)
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Awesome thread. I've always wondered about this.

I'm 5'7.5", 170 lbs and wear 12 jeans, a little snug, 14 a little loose. I guess I "look" like a 10/12 from the front because most of my weight is behind me (i.e.I have a great butt, lol!) At 145 I hope to still be an 8/10 because I don't won't to lose my curves (hip/butt)

I've always had skinny arms though. I will vouch that 30 Day shred got them strong enough for me to do men push ups.
  • LULU4178
    LULU4178 Posts: 69 Member
    5'8"
    CW: 142
    Size 8 in most pants, medium tops, although sometimes tops are an inch or two short as I think I have a longer torso.
    I carry weight in my hips, so I can fit into a size 6 dress. Whoohoo!
  • cdomoe
    cdomoe Posts: 30 Member
    5'8" CW 158 SIZE 10-12

When i was 135 i was still a between a 6-8 (6 was too tight and 8 was too loose). i carry most of my weight in my hips. Ideally i want to fit into a 6 so i i need to lose fat and gain muscle.
  • I'm 5'8, and right now I'm around 165ish... and fit best into a size 10. When I was in the 130's I fit comfortably into a size 8, and even wore a 6 in some brands. It has a lot to do with how your body is shaped. I have long, muscular legs so that always is a factor in the size pants I get!
  • im 5'8 and weigh 164 and pant size is 10, i have a bigger bottom and usually they are to lose in the waist so i wear a belt. my legs are what I'm most concerned about on my body.
  • JerseyDevil66
    JerseyDevil66 Posts: 2 Member
    5'8" 268 lbs, 20/22
  • I'm 5'8" and today I was 166.4- I wear a 10 or 12 depending. My waist is 32 but I have a round butt :P
  • j_arens
    j_arens Posts: 16
    5'7. 119 lbs. size 2/4
  • pinkhippie
    pinkhippie Posts: 10 Member
    Yep everyones bodies are different. I found this thread really interesting.

Im currently 159 and wearing a "true" size 10. I have a very old classic cut skirt size 10 that is not vanity sized and it fits. In vanity sizing and especially with spandex I wear an 8. My shorts right now are size 8 which is just funny to me. Back in the old days I had to be around 145 to fit into a size 8.

My body type is pretty athletic with a booty but not much of a waist or hips. Oh and the arms yes! SO annoying! I have lots of muscle that I can see and feel but still have the wing thing going on a little bit.

Oh and I am 5 8.5"

When I weighed about 200 lbs I wore a size 16.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    5' 9.5"
    Size 2 long/tall
  • So crazy to see all the differences between us all! I'm just under 5'8" I'm about 5'7. I wear size 5. Sometimes size 7 cause I have muscular legs and a pretty nice sized butt. I weigh 148lbs on a bad day.
  • Mandible1989
    Mandible1989 Posts: 1 Member
    I know you asked for 5'8", but I am 5'9", 165 and I wear size 8. I do carry a ton of muscle in my legs, however and have almost no stomach to speak of
  • lindahope549
    lindahope549 Posts: 9 Member
    I am only 5'4" but when I was at 250 I was in a size 26-28. I am currently at 155 and I where some 14s, and a few 12s and 16s. It is amazing how different sizes can fit.
  • RozzyG
    RozzyG Posts: 12 Member
    I am 5'8, maybe 5'9, and at 196 in a size 12. Thanks so much for posting this, I am a member of myfitnesspal, but came across this while googling 5'8 women at diff weights. I've been trying to figure out what my goal should be because I've been chubby my whole life, and even in highschool was probably around 175 or 180. I don't know what it would be like to be smaller, or how much I could weigh, what size I'd fit into etc.
    Your body looks amazing, so it's very inspirational to see that I could work towards something like you have :) Good job, it's hard work! :) PS my arms are my worst trouble area as well! I heard somewhere that people with higher estrogen levels tend to hold onto fat in that area, but who knows if that's true. Thnx again!
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    I buy at Gap because the regular length pants run longer than most places, so these sizes are probably inflated, I'll include inches.

At 122lb I was a 0 (35 inch hips)
    At 130lb I was a 2 (36 inch hips, and my legs got bigger)
    At 138lb I am a 4 (38 inch hips)

I suspect these are really 4/6/8 before vanity sizing. In every case, TALL would fit better everywhere except inseam length - I do have trouble with the rise being too short on regular length pants so the waist doesn't land where it expects to, it's irritating. But they discontinued tall in everything smaller than 4, (except for the occasional 00, modeling overruns maybe?) Now that I am 4 sometimes I do buy tall and hem them.

I'm taller than 5'8" but shorter than 5'9", I think.
  • BridgetHarrington
    BridgetHarrington Posts: 41 Member
    5'7", 180 and fit into 12s. Some 10s, depending on the brand. At my goal weight, which is 150ish, I fit into 6 or 8s.