What would you give up?

2»

Replies

• jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    I'd give up ChooseMyPlate

Boom!

^this

Seriously why is protein on the list to get rid of? I like my mooscles...and feeling good.

And also, wtf is ChooseMyPlate?
  • hdtracy
    hdtracy Posts: 49 Member
    .... Vegetables. LOL. Easy.
  • I have already eliminated dairy but still working on the grains cause I know that they are needed to muscle growth and fruit also in progress
  • Fit_Housewife
    Fit_Housewife Posts: 168 Member
    I would like to give up vegetables haha but I eat almost grain free so I will say grains.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Dairy. You don't NEED it at all. Last time I looked I was not a cow. Dairy is ok if you are a cow, but I'm not.

I am also not into the killing of animals for our own selfish needs & dairy is one of those. People who have dairy are advocating murder & abuse.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    If you had to eliminate one group of food from your diet based on the new ChooseMyPlate suggestion, what could you live without?

1. Protein
    2. Vegetables
    3. Fruits
    4. Grains
    5. Dairy

None of them.

Jesus what a miserable life it would be. Plus you've got food types and a macro mixed into the same list. Good luck living without protein...

You can get protein from other things than dairy. What a silly thing to say.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Dairy but that's easy because I'm lactose intollerant and I try to avoid it anyway haha.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    If you had to eliminate one group of food from your diet based on the new ChooseMyPlate suggestion, what could you live without?

1. Protein
    2. Vegetables
    3. Fruits
    4. Grains
    5. Dairy

None of them.

Jesus what a miserable life it would be. Plus you've got food types and a macro mixed into the same list. Good luck living without protein...

You can get protein from other things than dairy. What a silly thing to say.

Not if they give up protein. ... see that's what they were saying.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Dairy. You don't NEED it at all. Last time I looked I was not a cow. Dairy is ok if you are a cow, but I'm not.

I am also not into the killing of animals for our own selfish needs & dairy is one of those. People who have dairy are advocating murder & abuse.

I create dairy for my children.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    I would give up dairy as it is not an essential protein source.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I could probably give up dairy the most easily.

I couldn't give up protein or vegetables at all.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Grains. But luckily I don't have to eliminate any of them!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    I'd give up ChooseMyPlate

Yep! Truth.
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Dairy... it hurts anyway.
  • JonnyMacAwesome
    JonnyMacAwesome Posts: 770 Member

I may be wrong here, but if I'm getting milk, cheese, etc from a cow...I'm pretty sure they still live afterwards. Pretty sure they even eat during the process because it doesn't really bother them...and it's not abuse... That would be like saying my wife, who had struggles breastfeeding and resorted to pumping breast milk for the first year of my daughter's life was being abused... sure she had a choice, but it didn't hurt her any more than milking a cow hurts the cow.

It's not like my delicious steak is leaking milk when I cut into it, nor does my leather jacket contain cheese.

Mmmm steak with a side of cheese and a cold glass of milk.

I'd give up grains in a heartbeat, but my wife makes me continue to eat them...it's not so bad.