14 pounds down!

whalomgirl
whalomgirl Posts: 35 Member
It's really amazing to me that I am losing weight! I weighed 193.5 at the beginning of July, and started using MYFITNESSPAL to monitor my calories. It seems like magic that the pounds disappeared, and i always think the scale is lying. No one has really noticed yet, but I know that I am doing a great job....because my jeans are getting loose. It's such a great feeling. There have definitely been humps, days that I have messed up or binged a little, and unsupportive people....but I really feel like i can overcome all of it. My mini goal is to reach 160 by halloween and wear something really cute to reward myself. Just wanted to share...and I hope everyone else is feeling as enpowered as i am!

Replies

• whalomgirl
    whalomgirl Posts: 35 Member
    It's really amazing to me that I am losing weight! I weighed 193.5 at the beginning of July, and started using MYFITNESSPAL to monitor my calories. It seems like magic that the pounds disappeared, and i always think the scale is lying. No one has really noticed yet, but I know that I am doing a great job....because my jeans are getting loose. It's such a great feeling. There have definitely been humps, days that I have messed up or binged a little, and unsupportive people....but I really feel like i can overcome all of it. My mini goal is to reach 160 by halloween and wear something really cute to reward myself. Just wanted to share...and I hope everyone else is feeling as enpowered as i am!
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    way to go! :smile:
    I was amazed at how fast the first 10lbs dropped when I first started. It was just realizing what I was eating, and starting to exercise more, but mine just seemed to disappear too. Now I am at the last 7lbs and it is going slower, but I am still losing. Keep up the good work. :smile:
  • Dmprbst
    Dmprbst Posts: 45 Member
    Congrats, pretty soon everyone will notice and then you'll ask ..."what took you so long", you look great:smile:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Isn't it great? Good for you for getting healthier! Just remember to stick with it when you hit a plateau. They can be frustrating. But , this DOES WORK!!!
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Good job! You and I were in the same boat! I have lost 38 pounds, and feel AMAZING. Even though it seems like no one is noticing, I know you probably do. There will come a point, when all of a sudden, LOTS of people are noticing. Keep going. Do it for you. You deserve it!!
  • abby1949
    abby1949 Posts: 32
    :smile: :smile: Thats great!! You have done a great job! I too am in 192 range and I was wondering how many calories you are eating a day and in what ration e.g lower carbs and higher protein. How much did youa loose each week? I am looking for tips from other "winners"
    Keep up the good life!
    Cheers
    Lyn
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Whoooo hooo:wink:
    keep up the great work. :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Whalom-- yes-- I love the word-- empowered. Yes, I feel it too-- and I'm so happy-- and happy for you.
  • Sarah_S
    Sarah_S Posts: 46
    Good job! Keep it up! It feels great, doesn't it?
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Wonderful ...Keep on, Keeping On! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!