S.B.F. Challenge August 23, 2008

Good morning. I'm up & at it early today. My oldest grandson is here for the weekend so I decided to get up early & kick the day in the butt! I did my Turbo Jam Cardio Party and Ab Jam. Feels good cause I haven't done "regular exercise" on the weekend in quite a while.

Hope everyone has a stronger, better & faster weekend:flowerforyou:

Replies

• JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Good morning. I'm up & at it early today. My oldest grandson is here for the weekend so I decided to get up early & kick the day in the butt! I did my Turbo Jam Cardio Party and Ab Jam. Feels good cause I haven't done "regular exercise" on the weekend in quite a while.

Hope everyone has a stronger, better & faster weekend:flowerforyou:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Today I just hope to keep within my cals. I work in the kitchen today and after my dad, grandpa, cousin, sister and I will be playing music for a bunch of people. My dad grandpa, alan (cousin) and I will be playing bluegrass, then my sis and I will be playing the songs we wrote. Im really nervous!! I hope all goes well!! :S
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Way to go Julie for starting early! I'm trying to do that too.
    Carrie, let us know how things go! That's exciting!
    I'm going to do the 30 Day Shred right now (in front of my hubby!:blushing: ), then finish my grocery shopping, and then go bowling. I am going to step it up next week and make myself do more. I have to.
    Yesterday was splurge day. I didn't intend it that way, but I didn't work out and we went out to eat. So no more splurging! I am changing my eating habits starting today also. I am attempting to stay off wheat this next week and eating healthier snacks. The times I have attempted this before I have only been able to go a couple of days. I hope I stick it out this time!
    Have a happy day ladies!
    Melissa
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Yesterday I didn't do a video. I was bad. I just walked - so it was my day off, I guess. I also went over on calories by having a big cookie.

Today I'm up early, for a Saturday, to do cardio then go to the yoga class - that better be at 11:30. I'll be ticked if there's nothing going on.

Happy workouts!

Mary
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Today I have a session with my trainer (first one in two weeks. . .so I'm excited). I have turned into the kind of exercise-geek that gets excited that she teaches me a new push-up variation every time. Also, I became fired-up by watching Olympic mountain biking yesterday. That's pretty grueling stuff there.

Had a very cool yoga class yesterday. .. .we did the series in "silence" since the class was so small. We just moved from pose to pose. I came very close to not going, so it was a treat for my dragging my butt there. It made me feel competent at doing something. . .which was exactly what I needed this week. I've been broken down a few times. . .so it was nice to feel like "ah, yes. . .I can actually do something!"

Mary, my mouth began to water just reading the words "big cookie". . .so I think I'm having a sweet-tooth relapse.

Happy Saturday!:flowerforyou:
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Yesterday, I took the day off from exercise, and I did stay within my calories.

This morning I did a Walk Away the Pounds (Walk & Jog) DVD.

Off to do a MILLION errands! I hope you all have a great weekend!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Well, according to MapMyRun.com, I walked about 4 mies with my friend yesterday (although we stopped for dinner and coffee). Today my foot is hurting me, so I wrapped it - no exercise other than my pushups later tonight. Hubby says he wants to join me on the pushup challenge, but I'm afraid that I'm going to feel totally outclassed. He wrapped his arm around my waist at the grocery store today and picked me up - so I'm thinking he has the advantage here! Ah well. At least he thinks it's cool that I'm getting stronger.