Tracking Confessions - I'll go 1st

Replies

• Cc215
    Cc215 Posts: 228 Member
    Eta: Oops - tried to quote, but failed!
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    I buy those large containers of yogurt and weigh out one serving when I'm ready to eat it. Sometimes, I weigh out a serving, but I have some residual yogurt on the spoon, so I eat that too and don't log it.
    Licking the spoon has no calories. I will have a taste of hubbys ice cream and not log it. I dont log spices. I dont weigh peanut butter...yikes...then I lick the knife... I am very anal about going over. I hate to see the red numbers. Last but not least I dont eat back my calories.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I almost never measure my food. I'm still losing weight...but as my weight gets lower I'll have less of a margin for error and will probably have to start.
  • babbyb1
    babbyb1 Posts: 66 Member
    I've lost 12 pounds in the last 3 weeks, but it isn't because I'm doing things right. I'm mourning the loss of someone very close to me.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Hang in there!
  • babbyb1
    I'm a perfectionist - one day of going over my calories would wreak havoc in my brain (sad, I know). If it gets to the end of the day and I have no calories left but I need something to eat... I add something to my exercise log, like cleaning I did during the day, or mowing the yard. Things I wouldn't normally add as exercise, just enough to be able to have a snack.

Two of my four kids have gotten this trait from me. I feel like I should apologize to them :ohwell:

This sounds normal to me. Oh, that's right. I have issues too, lol! I blame it on being an oldest child.

And here I thought someone would say that they would wait until the actual end of the day, wait for the clock to strike midnight, and then eat a bowl of Cheerios and log it on the next day.

GUILTY.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    I don't log breath mints. I used to, but hell, I don't even like them. They're not for MY benefit, they're for the benefit of anyone who approaches too close.
  • babbyb1
    I made homemade lasagna for dinner last night and didn't feel like doing the work necessary to figure out accurate calories. So I just borrowed someone else's homemade lasagna from the database. I figure it's close enough. I'm usually pretty meticulous about weighing stuff so one off-kilter entry shouldn't kill me.

I did this with chili.
  • kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    I still feel guilty about this . . . but one time I was over my calories by like 30 calories, so I went through my food log for the day and adjusted it just enough to get a couple calories below, because I was too embarrassed to be over my calorie count for the day (this was early on in my weight loss journey). Now, if I do it, I either deal with it, OR I exercise like a crazy person until I burn the desired amount of calories.
  • babbyb1
    I still feel guilty about this . . . but one time I was over my calories by like 30 calories, so I went through my food log for the day and adjusted it just enough to get a couple calories below, because I was too embarrassed to be over my calorie count for the day (this was early on in my weight loss journey). Now, if I do it, I either deal with it, OR I exercise like a crazy person until I burn the desired amount of calories.

I HOPE I get to this point. I'm early on in this process. I'm just trying to concentrate on logging food for a couple of weeks and then slowly ease in the exercise.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    First, this thread is hysterical, thank you all!

I don't log gum
  • kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member

I HOPE I get to this point. I'm early on in this process. I'm just trying to concentrate on logging food for a couple of weeks and then slowly ease in the exercise.

You will get there!!! One step at a time . . . that's my motto.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    I have two:
    1. I'm glad that cleaning and just general movement necessary for life count on here, because I'm pretty sure that I would not have lost what I've lost if not for the amount of chores or dancing that I do.
    2. I SO wish that there were an entry for laughing! I do a lot of that as a joyful Christian, and am surprised that it's not on here given the fact that it burns a few calories/minute.
  • IllustratedxGirl
    IllustratedxGirl Posts: 240 Member
    I didn't track the champagne I drank a few nights back
  • mathmatt
    mathmatt Posts: 58 Member
    I don't measure anything. "Yeah that was about a cup." I figure if I'm a little over on some things and a little under on others it all works out in the end. Plus BMR is just an estimation and it's impossible to log every move you make during the day so the way I see it is if I'm a little under on my food log, well, I've probably burned those calories no accounted for in the BMR or the exercise log.
  • lindustum
    lindustum Posts: 212 Member
    If you don't log it... it didn't really happen right??
    This, so much :p
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Forgive me Fitness Friends for I have sinned:

The past week my weight fluctuated so much because for about 3 days I got half way through a healthy day and then at fried, cheesy, and terrible for dinner, and usually didn't log it because I thought I would do better the next day.
  • I refuse to weigh anything.

I get obsessed with numbers and the last thing I need is more numbers to obsess over.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    My weekday lunches have a huge source of inaccuracy - salads! I love the work salads, one little bit of everything I can imagine (yeah my imagination does suck), and left over / mystery meats from the entrees served all week. I have to add in quick adds to account for them and they go anywhere from 100 to 200 calories.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    I'm eating 1200 calories a day and eating back my calories burned during cardio but....I seriously leave like 200-300 calories for dessert every night. I'm talking frozen yogurt and chips. Feel guilty. On 1200 calories I should be filling up on more nutrients.
  • schelly81
    schelly81 Posts: 161 Member
    I don't eat back my exercise calories usually, but I also don't log what I finish of my kid's meals and what goes in my mouth while I'm making my breakfast and lunch for work the next day. I lick spoons, I eat crumbs, I steal goldfish crackers from their little plates. I also only eyeball my vegetables. I don't measure out my creamer in my coffee or my salad dressing.

Looks bad now that I see it in writing :embarassed: