Who wears short shorts...I wear short SHORTS!!!

Options
arewethereyet
arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
Wow. I first found this page in January 08. Signed up and then never did a thing-oh yeah, 'cept gain a few more pounds.

In June I found the page in my favorites, clicked it and read through some of the threads. YOU GUYS ROCK! I felt like I was amongst friends. Good advise, nice people and encouraging words.

Goal #1 was to drive past macdonalds...no seriously!

Then to add fruits and veggies. DONE.

I lost a pound, I felt better and I slept at night. Could eating good food really change my life? I read a post by TAM and thought...wow 100+ pounds that is awsome.

Next I added exercise. Not like some of y'all..but I do 30 minutes everyday on my elip. Lift light weights.

Then I got serious. 1300 cals a day and learned to eat my calories after no loss for 2 weeks.
Banks plateau thread was a life saver. Who would have thought eating MORE would make me LOSE weight?

Today I fit in my goal shorts. size doesnt matter-the fact I could not get them over my thighs 2 months ago, and now they are comfy is enough said.

I fell great, no cholesteral medicine, no IBS, no reflux.

I am setting a new goal for another 15 pounds. I like smaller goals so I dont get overwelmed. Thinking about losing 50lbs was what kept me from commiting in Jan.

To all the new people. Please stick with it, if I can do it YOU CAN TOO! It is so worth it....you are soooo
worth it.

If anyone has any suggestions please post. Good tricks on food, exercise or how you kept it up after the 1st 'shine' wore off. Thanks again for everyone who posts encouraging words...they are appreciated

Replies

• arewethereyet
    Options
    Wow. I first found this page in January 08. Signed up and then never did a thing-oh yeah, 'cept gain a few more pounds.

In June I found the page in my favorites, clicked it and read through some of the threads. YOU GUYS ROCK! I felt like I was amongst friends. Good advise, nice people and encouraging words.

Goal #1 was to drive past macdonalds...no seriously!

Then to add fruits and veggies. DONE.

I lost a pound, I felt better and I slept at night. Could eating good food really change my life? I read a post by TAM and thought...wow 100+ pounds that is awsome.

Next I added exercise. Not like some of y'all..but I do 30 minutes everyday on my elip. Lift light weights.

Then I got serious. 1300 cals a day and learned to eat my calories after no loss for 2 weeks.
    Banks plateau thread was a life saver. Who would have thought eating MORE would make me LOSE weight?

Today I fit in my goal shorts. size doesnt matter-the fact I could not get them over my thighs 2 months ago, and now they are comfy is enough said.

I fell great, no cholesteral medicine, no IBS, no reflux.

I am setting a new goal for another 15 pounds. I like smaller goals so I dont get overwelmed. Thinking about losing 50lbs was what kept me from commiting in Jan.

To all the new people. Please stick with it, if I can do it YOU CAN TOO! It is so worth it....you are soooo
    worth it.

If anyone has any suggestions please post. Good tricks on food, exercise or how you kept it up after the 1st 'shine' wore off. Thanks again for everyone who posts encouraging words...they are appreciated
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Options
    So are you going to post pictures of those short shorts??
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :laugh: Not this time. Now 15 lbs from now it is go-go boots and Key West!!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    woooooo!!!! you rock there shorty shorts wearer!!!! *high five*

I am so inspired by your post girl....its so true...if you work this program...it works well for you too!!!

hugs and great job...can't wait to see the in 15lbs photos....you hawt thang you!:wink::drinker:
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    yay congratulations!! :) you go, girl!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    thanks guys. I really needed the cheers!!:love:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    What a great post. Congratulations on your weight loss. You are definitely an inspiration to others. Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • MommyW
    MommyW Posts: 33
    Options
    lets set goal on our workout weeks...
    You are doing great and I would like to have someone to keep me inspired...:love:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    That is a great idea. I WILL:

20 minutes 3 x week upper body strength training

3 x week 50 crunches and 30 leg lifts (no skimping, full out)

4 x week 30+ elip machine AND 1 day at the park jog/walking.

whew, i am so bad at the exercise. Now that it is on paper I will have to do it, right!?!
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    Yea! Way to go! You are an inspiration!
  • LowRainRats
    LowRainRats Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I hope to have some success too.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I did it today. I like to be challenged and Mommy did that. I did 40 min on elip and 20 min strength training. Yipee!

If you dare wear short shorts nair for short shorts!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!