What am I doing wrong!?!?!?!?

So I am trying to lose the last fifteen pounds. I workout and stay active everyday, eat healthy, stay within my calorie deficit. So what am I doing wrong here? The number won't go down no matter how hard I try!

Replies

• lindustum
    lindustum Posts: 212 Member
    Do you actually need to lose 15 pounds? What is your current weight? Clothes size? Do you want to lose weight or gain shape?
    You diary has lots of gaps in it, stick to it daily.

Perhaps switch to TDEE instead of MFP. I.e. increase your daily intake, but don't log exercise extra.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    How long has it been since you lost weight?

What's your calorie intake?

Do you use a food scale or guesstimate portions?

How do you measure calorie burns?

Need a little more info.
  • skittle316
    skittle316 Posts: 128 Member
    Why worry about the scale?
    Do you know your Body Fat? Since humans need essential fat, usually around 10lbs that 15lbs could easily be just 5lbs of fat.
    Try measuring and start lifting, the scale isn't always the best goal.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    height?
    weight?
    exercise routine?

like everyone said, need more info..
  • __freckles__
    Just took a quick glance at your diary. Correct me if I'm wrong but it appears you don't weigh your food. Everything is too perfect in there. I don't see any odd numbers that would result from you weighing things in grams or ounces.

Also, I'm not sure what you're doing for exercise but those are huge calorie burns.

You're probably eating more than your think and overestimating calorie burns.
  • Exercise routine:
    Running with added strength and weight lifting sessions seven days a week.

Height: 5'6
    Weight: Around 150
  • inneedofanap
    inneedofanap Posts: 63 Member
    15 pounds is quite a bit. Unless you're using an old profile pic I just don't see how you have that much to lose. You are absolutely adorable. Maybe you should reevaluate your goal.
  • __freckles__
    15 pounds is quite a bit. Unless you're using an old profile pic I just don't see how you have that much to lose. You are absolutely adorable. Maybe you should reevaluate your goal.

She's 5'6 and 150. She'd be perfectly safe losing 15 pounds if she wanted to.

OP: still need our other questions answered.
  • My clothes size is 5-6 in jeans, sometimes a size 4. Tops I wear a small or extra small. Or sometimes for most brands even an extra small is too big for me.

This is a recent profile picture by the way.
  • __freckles__
    How long has it been since you lost weight?

What's your calorie intake?

Need a little more info.

^^need these answered.
  • Since I last lost weight was senior year of high school. And I'm nineteen how. Calorie intake is usually around 1300 to 1400 and with my workouts I typically burn around 1200 or 1400.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Usually when someone isn't losing like they'd like to, they either don't have a realistic expectation (in your case, 1/2 lb a week would probably be the max) or they're not weighing/measuring their food, so they're really eating more than they know.
    Exercise routine: Running with added strength and weight lifting sessions seven days a week.
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: Around 150
    Well, at 150 you're at the top end of a healthy weight range for your height (115-150) http://www.shapeup.org/bmi/bmi6.pdf
    So losing a little would be OK if you think you'd feel better.

For weightlifting, I hope you're not doing the same muscles 2 days in a row. They do need time to repair & grow in between sessions.
    Maybe drop 50 cal, increase the intensity for exercise a bit (HIIT / increase weight), and see how that works for a couple weeks?
    {ETA: First, weigh & measure all your food, record it accurately}
  • Drop ALL sugars including fruit.

You are doing weights and running. Make sure your weights are progressively heavier.

All the best.
  • __freckles__
    Since I last lost weight was senior year of high school. And I'm nineteen how. Calorie intake is usually around 1300 to 1400 and with my workouts I typically burn around 1200 or 1400.

You're not answering the most important questions:

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Drop ALL sugars including fruit.

You are doing weights and running. Make sure your weights are progressively heavier.

All the best.

Sugar (and fruit) doesn't matter.

What does matter is how OP is measuring food and accounting for calorie burns.
  • Since I last lost weight was senior year of high school. And I'm nineteen how. Calorie intake is usually around 1300 to 1400 and with my workouts I typically burn around 1200 or 1400.

I use MyFitnessPal. I don't understand that question:-/
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Since I last lost weight was senior year of high school. And I'm nineteen how. Calorie intake is usually around 1300 to 1400 and with my workouts I typically burn around 1200 or 1400.

When you take the food out of the fridge/container/whatever, what do you do with it before it goes in your mouth?
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    This morning you recorded 1/2 a cup of dry oatmeal from Aldi. What you should be doing is weighing it on a kitchen scale to the nearest gram. Find this in MFP's database and check that the nutritional information is the same as on the side of the pack. That's what you record in your diary.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member

MyFitnessPal doesn't know how much food you put on your plate. How do you measure how much food you put on your plate?
  • Specify what foods you are eating please and I'll share some light if you wish.