who doesnt like when guys gain muscles

Replies

• LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Guy #2 is extreme enough that steroid use seems likely, which means he's got "roid rage" temper tantrums, no nuts, and inconsistent sexual performance.

I have lots of friends on steroids (it's a part of the bodybuilding and powerlifting worlds). None of have had roid rage, none of them have had sexual issues, a few have had mild mood swings (sadness, not anger) which were corrected with a change in dose. Now, these guys did lots of research before starting and knew which ones to avoid and which ones worked in the way they wanted. Not all steroids are the same.

This. I have tended to see the ones who went off the rails (retired med practitioner).

add: keep in mind that they are illegal (at least in my state) without physician oversight, so any use also exposes you to possible legal entanglements.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Guy #2 is extreme enough that steroid use seems likely, which means he's got "roid rage" temper tantrums, no nuts, and inconsistent sexual performance.

I have lots of friends on steroids (it's a part of the bodybuilding and powerlifting worlds). None of have had roid rage, none of them have had sexual issues, a few have had mild mood swings (sadness, not anger) which were corrected with a change in dose. Now, these guys did lots of research before starting and knew which ones to avoid and which ones worked in the way they wanted. Not all steroids are the same.

This. I have tended to see the ones who went off the rails (retired med practitioner).

The same could be said for women during TOM.

They tend to go "off the rails" from time to time as well. Thank you for your medical expert opinion Dr Feelgood.
  • LAT1963
    Misogyny much?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member

Sounds like you've seen just the worst of it. Yeah there are guys who just jump into steroid use without learning about them first. Those are the ones you probably met. Another issue is starting them too young. Using the wrong one, the wrong combo, the wrong dose or starting too young can all cause problems. I understand that the use of steroids is illegal, but there are plenty of people who use them in a safe and effective manner.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Misogyny much?

I'm on board with him. I know more women who go off during their period than I have ever known steroid using men who have actually experience roid rage.

I'm a woman.
  • KseRz
    Misogyny much?

2ijq88o.jpg

If you replace misogyny with LAT1963, then you are correct. Congratulations. You are the first person I have ever blocked on MFP.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Sad thread really. If it had been reverse there would be hell from everybody who white knighted the OP. JS
    Huh?

If a man had said what the OP said there would hell for it!!

That's what I was trying say.

Originally I thought you meant thought you meant if the OP replaced "guys with muscles" with "fat chicks" then there would be hell to pay. Now I think you mean that if a man said he prefers other men that don't look extremely buff then everyone would loose their mind. Did I get it?

No, I meant if a guy stated that he didn't like women with muscles.

I think I am even confused now, lol, oh well.

Not feeling well, probably the meds.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Misogyny much?

2ijq88o.jpg

If you replace misogyny with LAT1963, then you are correct. Congratulations. You are the first person I have ever blocked on MFP.

LOL she is funny though. Why block her? Join in and laugh with me.
  • LAT1963

Sounds like you've seen just the worst of it. Yeah there are guys who just jump into steroid use without learning about them first. Those are the ones you probably met. Another issue is starting them too young. Using the wrong one, the wrong combo, the wrong dose or starting too young can all cause problems. I understand that the use of steroids is illegal, but there are plenty of people who use them in a safe and effective manner.

Its the ones who do it wrong who wind up in the medical office...
  • _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    mw-t4.jpg

If you don't want him, there are plenty that will take him off your hands lol
  • KseRz
    Misogyny much?

2ijq88o.jpg

LOL she is funny though. Why block her? Join in and laugh with me.

You're right peeps! I should change my perspective as well.

for-entertainment-purposes-only-patch-120x120.jpg

Sorry. I had a little roid rage going on there. My bad
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    I see this one is still producing solid gold nuggets. Nice!

Unless you're on 'roids... according to an earlier poster you lose your golden nuggets. Or something...
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Misogyny much?

2ijq88o.jpg

You're doing it wrong. You send friend requests to the ones you find offensive then forum stalk them to chuckle when they post nonsense.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Misogyny much?

2ijq88o.jpg

You're doing it wrong. You send friend requests to the ones you find offensive then forum stalk them to chuckle when they post nonsense.

LOL
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    I see this one is still producing solid gold nuggets. Nice!

Unless you're on 'roids... according to an earlier poster you lose your golden nuggets. Or something...

It was "medical literature" that stated side effects of steroid use was "no nuts". I am still dying to know the source. She seemed to have skipped my question while raging about everything else.
  • MsBetteDavis
    MsBetteDavis Posts: 118 Member
    So this thread definitely took a turn that I didn't initially see coming.

I think there's definitely something to be said for people watching their language when describing their preference in what they find attractive in other people, but at the same time, I think there's also something to be said for people being allowed to like what they like.

I don't think that the OP should be jumped on for...

I think it is rather common for people to transpose the words normal and average...which is what I think the OP did.

Americans tend to be less than precise in their choice of words, in a way that can be considered merely careless or indicative of long practiced social injustices, or anything in between the two extremes...

I can understand the backlash, though. Such is life on the interwebz.
    Mark Wahlberg was described as being in the "gross" category, yet the photo posted is what I would consider "average" for a man.

So, again, I'm not sure what she meant by "normal." And I'm American.

Was he?

I'm the one who first posted saying that Mark Wahlberg wasn't my cup of tea but I think I missed the part where he was called gross, unless we're talking about that person saying that body builders were "gross"?

This whole thread has gotten so confusing lol everyone is responding to a comment from pages back
  • W31RD0
    W31RD0 Posts: 173 Member
    just out of curiosity, what is normal??

Four legs, grey fur.

Doggonit, Twilight ruins another one!
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Personality plays the biggest role in attractiveness for me. That being said, big muscles are HAWT! :wink: :wink:
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    As somebody who now deliberately avoids the opposite sex and also social siuations (pure hermit!) as a result of repeatedly being called 'gross' for the way that I look, this thread has been a bit of an eye-opener.

It's honestly a personal preference thing. Some people will obviously prefer muscular men and some won't. Both type of people are in this thread if you need proof of that. Your physical appearance shouldn't be what you're focusing on as a woman deterrent . You can't make someone find you attractive, but I guarantee there are people who do. Now you just have to find one who shares the same interests and goals.
This discussion has been closed.