My first milestone

Ohmigosh!!! I said that I would stay out of my fave clothing stores, but I just couldn't resist! I went into to Sears last night and just had to try some stuff on. Well guess what! I am a size 16 now! Can you believe it?! And a sz.16 was really comfortable. I haven't been in a size 16 since 2002! You have no idea what this means to me (or maybe you do). Because I am so short, it's really tough for me to find clothes that fit. I tried on this pair...well, lots of pairs of slacks (sz.16). But this one in particular, had two clasps, and an inside button (dress slacks for work) from the petite section. The pants fit perfectly! I could've bought them right off the rack and wore them to work Monday! I haven't been in the petite section in years! I didn't buy any of them. I'm still sticking to not buying anything until I drop another 15lbs. But I am ecstatic! HOOT! HOOT!

Is this really happening? I mean really? ldance.gif

Replies

• OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Ohmigosh!!! I said that I would stay out of my fave clothing stores, but I just couldn't resist! I went into to Sears last night and just had to try some stuff on. Well guess what! I am a size 16 now! Can you believe it?! And a sz.16 was really comfortable. I haven't been in a size 16 since 2002! You have no idea what this means to me (or maybe you do). Because I am so short, it's really tough for me to find clothes that fit. I tried on this pair...well, lots of pairs of slacks (sz.16). But this one in particular, had two clasps, and an inside button (dress slacks for work) from the petite section. The pants fit perfectly! I could've bought them right off the rack and wore them to work Monday! I haven't been in the petite section in years! I didn't buy any of them. I'm still sticking to not buying anything until I drop another 15lbs. But I am ecstatic! HOOT! HOOT!

Is this really happening? I mean really? ldance.gif
  • pbjsand
    pbjsand Posts: 58
    Way to go! I just LOVE that feeling. I had it myself last weekend. I haven't shopped in regular clothes stores since 1992 and last week I went to Penney's and fit in a womens size 24. I was shocked. I know 24 seems big, but when I started this quest last fall I was a womens size 32, I about fell on the floor. I didn't want to buy anything, but my hubby made me because all of my clothes are litterally falling off of me. IT is a GREAT feeling. Keep up the good work and the next 15 will come off soon. YOU ROC!
  • OomarianneoO
    Thanks! Everyone at work is finally starting to notice too. Just about everyone I ran into at work yesterday, asked if I've lost weight. It's a great feeling. I hope you're right about the next 15lbs. If I remember right, that should bring me down to a size 14 and I haven't been there since 1997!
  • rosemarymint
    rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
    Congrats! Isn't it amazing how this journey is so hard and so easy all at the same time. about a month ago I went to Old Navy and just for *kitten*'s and giggles tried on a 12 and it fit. I couldn't believe it. Those jeans could have been $100 and I would have bought them anyway. ( I started out at size 18) I am so proud of you and your success. Keep up the good work.
  • OomarianneoO
    It is amazing how it seems hard and easy at the same time. Congrats to you for fitting in a sz. 12! 13.gif I can hardly wait to get to that size. I'm hoping by Christmas, but that may be too high of a goal. I was a size 24 (did I just say that outloud 15.gif) at my heaviest and when I finally decided to go on this journey. That was in March/April. I've always had a problem with my mid-secton. Diabetes runs in my family. I was gestational diabetic during my last pregnancy and now am borderline diabetic. I've been told that my ideal weight is between 91-123lbs. I really want to get down to 110 or a sz. 6 (whichever comes first :wink: ) by my birthday in April.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!