Daily Check-in and Chat

Options
15678911»

Replies

• gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Anyone still around? I'm thinking about starting this. I've been trying to get going on a good strength training program for a while, while also working on some exercises designed to help avoid running injuries and improve my form (I injured my knee in May and had some related physical therapy). I'm strongly inclined to try this program, because a lot of the exercises are consistent with what I've been doing for running (there the focus has been glutes, hip extensors, and hamstrings).

I started strong curves after running knee injuries. The physios told me I needed to build up my glutes. I haven't had any problems since (although I don't distance run any more and am very careful not to overdo it but that's the nature of my injury) and loved the program generally.

I completed the advanced program last summer and am starting up with strong curves workouts again now my season has finished
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Wonderful--glad there are still some people around and that I'm not the only one who thought it would work well for the running/knee stuff.

I've been struggling with how to fit it in, and may have some questions about that, but for now I'm going to start the beginner program today. Been delaying/mulling stuff over too long!
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Wonderful--glad there are still some people around and that I'm not the only one who thought it would work well for the running/knee stuff.

I've been struggling with how to fit it in, and may have some questions about that, but for now I'm going to start the beginner program today. Been delaying/mulling stuff over too long!

Good luck! You will love it, I'm sure. :flowerforyou:
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options

If you're on facebook, send a request to join the group SC Ladies. You'll get much better feedback and more responses to questions there. There are also downloadable workout templates available which are very helpful. Bret himself even drops in from time to time. I've had him personally respond to a question I've posted before. Also feel free to send me a friend request on here if you like