My mom says this is tacky...but I'm too excited not to share

BrandNewLaura
BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
I put on my prom dress today...and it fit! I was very heavyset in high school, so my prom dress is a plus sized dress...I graduated in 2002, and a few years ago I tried on my prom dress in the hopes of wearing it to a military ball with my then husband...but it didn't fit...not even close...with the 25 pounds that I've lost I can now fit into my prom dress again! It's a small accomplishment since my prom dress is still a huge size, but I couldn't zip it up two/three years ago...

Replies

• BrandNewLaura
    I put on my prom dress today...and it fit! I was very heavyset in high school, so my prom dress is a plus sized dress...I graduated in 2002, and a few years ago I tried on my prom dress in the hopes of wearing it to a military ball with my then husband...but it didn't fit...not even close...with the 25 pounds that I've lost I can now fit into my prom dress again! It's a small accomplishment since my prom dress is still a huge size, but I couldn't zip it up two/three years ago...
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Yipee!!!!

That's a huge accomplishment girl!.. That's awesome! I am very very proud of you hon *hugs*

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Not tacky at all. That's a wonderful accomplishment! Congratulations and thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work, you're doing great.

Betty
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    that's great! my clothes that I wore last year are finally very loose on me, and I had to buy new shorts for the rest of the summer. It is a great feeling when you can try something on that didn't fit a few years ago, and find out you can wear it again. It is still an accomplishment, no matter how small. :smile:
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Tacky, Shmacky. Good for you! I'd love to be able to wear something I wore in high school.

Now, if you wore your wedding dress to someone else's wedding...
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    That's great!! I would definitely love to be able to fit into my prom dress again! That would be a huge accomplishment for me...and I'm sure for you too!!! Jealous.... :wink:

Dani :)
  • I don't think that's tacky. I plan on trying on my wedding dress when I start to lose inches (And hopefully my mommy pooch). I didnt have the time or money for an actual wedding dress so mine is more like a prom dress to.
  • That's awesome! Good job girl!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    I think that's pretty awesome! Good for you. :happy:
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    That is fantastic! It's a major accomplishment, not tacky at all :)

Congratulations! :heart: /hug
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Doesn't it feel great! Congratulations on your achievement! Keep it up!:happy:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    I would be soooo pissed if my mother told me that it was tacky to share that I was able to fit into something from awhile back...why can people be so strange I really will never understand....If you were my daughter, I'd encourage you and raise you up~!!! I'm encouraging you now and raising you up...keep going higher!!!!
  • DeannaK
    DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
    wow! i can imagine how great that felt! congratulations!

:flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    I've discovered that parents can just be strange period.

I think it's a great step kiddo
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    There's nothing tacky about it! Good for you! We all need concrete things to show us how far we've come so we don't get discouraged when we hit plateaus. :flowerforyou:
  • BrandNewLaura
    I would be soooo pissed if my mother told me that it was tacky to share that I was able to fit into something from awhile back...why can people be so strange I really will never understand....If you were my daughter, I'd encourage you and raise you up~!!! I'm encouraging you now and raising you up...keep going higher!!!!

Yeah, my mom and I have a strained relationship at best. Some days she is really supportive and sounds really proud of me for the healthy changes I am making, but other days I feel like she is my biggest critic second only to myself...that's why the support I get here is so precious to me...thanks to everyone for your wonderful encouraging words! You are all the best!
  • ChubbyBunny

Yeah, my mom and I have a strained relationship at best. Some days she is really supportive and sounds really proud of me for the healthy changes I am making, but other days I feel like she is my biggest critic second only to myself...that's why the support I get here is so precious to me...thanks to everyone for your wonderful encouraging words! You are all the best!

OH!!! Your relationship with your mom sounds like mine with my dad!!! Except he's never been proud of me
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    {sheepish :happy: } I literally starved myself into just-this-side-of-ending-up-in-the-hospital my senior year in high school (which was a looonnnggg time ago) to fit into my custom-made, to-die-for size 3 prom dress. I carted that wretched thing around with me for years, always beating myself over the head with it, vowing I was one day going to be the anorexic little size 3 I once was. To this day, I can't tell you what the exact 'AHA' moment was, but about 7 years ago, I took that dress out of the closet, folded it up, stuck it in the fireplace and cremated it. OK, so my mother never weighed over 90 lbs. in her entire life and was a perfect size 0. OK, so I'll never fit into a size 3 again but I CAN and WILL be a healthy, happy size 'right for me'.........and that's OK :)
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    YEY YOU!!! Congrats on your success! :flowerforyou:

Tacky would be wearing it to that ball with it duct taped to hold it together...Now THAT would be tacky!!!

And here's another tacky...
    duct_tape.jpg
  • ChubbyBunny
    Dang....I think my thigh is a size 0 but thats as close as I get
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!