Slow, Fat, Triathelete

I would like to thank the person who had mentioned on one of these boards a few weeks ago that they had read this book. I bought it and had a hard time putting it down. I am actually tossing around in my head the thought of training for a sprint tri. So I need to give credit, because I never would have known that my slow, fat self could do such a thing with out having read this book. I can't find the thread to thank you, so this will have to do.

Replies

• rosemarymint
    rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
    I would like to thank the person who had mentioned on one of these boards a few weeks ago that they had read this book. I bought it and had a hard time putting it down. I am actually tossing around in my head the thought of training for a sprint tri. So I need to give credit, because I never would have known that my slow, fat self could do such a thing with out having read this book. I can't find the thread to thank you, so this will have to do.
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    It wasn't me, but I just got home from a sprint triathlon and I was happy to see someone interested. I love triathlons! Start training; you can do it!
  • I read it a few months back after stumbling on her website. Inspirational & just too funny. Unfortunately she seems to have disappeared ~ nothing else has been published, and her website stopped being updated a year or so ago.:-(:-(

I emailed her at the email address in the book & the website but never got a response. Very sad. I would love to read more from her. I feel people like her are truly inspirational...especially to slow, fat, injured, non-triathletes like me. I am cycling and swimming but grouchy knees are preventing the running, and at this moment even walking is an issue!!

If you find anything else like hers, let me know...and I will do the same!!
    Ciao
  • Three years ago I did a sprint tri. LOVED it. This book and author sound great. Sooooo who is it and what is the name of her book. :happy: Please Thanx
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    I'm doing the cycle-leg in a sprint Tri on Sept. 27!
  • rosemarymint
    rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
    I don't have the book with me to give you the author name but the book is "Slow, Fat, Triathelete" I bought it from amazon.
  • cool thanx I'll have to look it up.