Jillian's One Week Shred

amlygo
amlygo Posts: 126 Member
I've done the 30 Day Shred several times and was wondering if anyone's done her one week shred workout. Is it much harder? Did it work for you?

Replies

• Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    I actually just bought the DVD and was going to try it... I'll let you know my results!
  • joannadalina
    joannadalina Posts: 112 Member
    Ahh never heard of that. I did her 30 Day Shred and just started her Rin30. Keep us posted on this one week shred!
  • jensan37
    jensan37 Posts: 151 Member
    I've done it several times but it's not my favorite. Not crazy about the look of the set and it just doesn't click with me. That sad... yes it is definitely harder and a step up from 30 Day Shred. My favorites of Jillian's DVDs are Ripped in 30, Extreme Shed and Shred, Hard Body and Killer Abs. I would highly recommend any of those. Good luck!
  • I have a big collection of Jillian's workouts. I got the One Week Shred a couple of months ago and I did it for the full 7 days. I lost about 4 pounds and I felt it really worked, however, I got the weight back because I stopped working out for 3 weeks.

It is a quick fix, just for you to prepare for an event if you want to look good. Working out twice a day may be exhausting, but I think it was worth the effort. I lost the weight again once I started my regular workouts. I'll do it again if I need to.:smile:
  • Buhbee
    Buhbee Posts: 108 Member
    I did it and saw great results. I didnt lose any weight (didnt follow meal plan) but I definitely was more toned and highly recommend it. Hard Body is a close second only because some of the moves are similar but there are new twists to them. Ive got a wedding to be in 2 weeks and debating between combining both dvds into rotation.
  • britmarie3
    britmarie3 Posts: 3 Member
    I just started Jillian's one week shred yesterday and it is tough! I did both workouts back to back as I don't have the time (or energy) to split the workouts. I must say I woke up this morning so sore! According to my heart rate monitor I burned 610 calories after doing both workouts back to back. I'm going to try to stick with it the full seven day and hopefully see good results!
  • amlygo
    amlygo Posts: 126 Member
    What does the diet plan look like that goes along with it?
  • Froggymcconnell
    Froggymcconnell Posts: 92 Member
    anyone have success/results with this? :smile:
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    I have this DVD but personally don't like the strength part. I love the cardio. In reviews I've read, there are many that like both, many that like just the cardio.
    I feel it's a nice addition to my cardio DVD's and I would buy it again just for that. She does 3 segments of 3 or 4 exercises that your repeat twice. I only change 1 up because I don't feel it works for me (Bear she calls it) I burn a little more than I do with T25 and it goes by quickly.
    There are the typical jumping jacks, jogging, burpees, broad jumps, etc. but she will have you do them a little differently to have it seem fresh.

The "1 wk" part seemed more gimmicky and I don't think most of her fans bought it for that. She only mentions it twice I think in the DVD.
  • Froggymcconnell
    I have this DVD but personally don't like the strength part. I love the cardio. In reviews I've read, there are many that like both, many that like just the cardio.
    I feel it's a nice addition to my cardio DVD's and I would buy it again just for that. She does 3 segments of 3 or 4 exercises that your repeat twice. I only change 1 up because I don't feel it works for me (Bear she calls it) I burn a little more than I do with T25 and it goes by quickly.
    There are the typical jumping jacks, jogging, burpees, broad jumps, etc. but she will have you do them a little differently to have it seem fresh.

The "1 wk" part seemed more gimmicky and I don't think most of her fans bought it for that. She only mentions it twice I think in the DVD.

thanks for this.

I ordered another one of her box sets and this one is included so looking forward to giving it a try - I will also be doing my normal 3 classes at local gym as well so hopefully will see bigger difference after the 7 days and I also will try out some of the other ones in the box set.
  • debraran1
    What else was in the set? Have fun with them, anything new usually shakes the body up a bit. Good luck!
  • Froggymcconnell
    What else was in the set? Have fun with them, anything new usually shakes the body up a bit. Good luck!

Jillian Michaels Hard Body is the most effective total body workout for torching calories and transforming your entire physique. Hard Body is comprised of two 45-minute body-blasting workouts that progress in difficulty.

Jillian Michaels Kickbox FastFix is a total body workout that will fix your physique fast! These quick-paced workouts will blast off the fat while toning your entire body. Jillian Michaels Kickbox FastFix consists of three 20-minute kickboxing routines.

Jillian Michaels One Week Shred will have you looking fab for that special upcoming event, be it a high school reunion, wedding, party, beach vacation in a bikini, etc.?. It's a comprehensive one-week diet and exercise plan to help you lose those last few stubborn pounds you've been dying to shed so you look insane and feel amazing.

Jillian Michaels Killer Abs: are you self-conscious about your abs? Do you want to annihilate belly fat and banish the "muffin top" permanently? Or maybe you want to take your body to the next level - a high performance machine with wicked tight abs to die for.

Jillian Michaels Yoga Inferno Will get you the hot healthy body you've always wanted. Yoga Inferno contains two 30-minute workouts providing a vigorous and focused yoga practice that burns calories and scorches fat. Jillian will guide you through seamlessly flowing sequences of power yoga that will transform your physique while building your stamina, strength and mobility.

copied and pasted from amazon lol
  • debraran1
    Have fun with that, I only have one of them but tried kick boxing on Netflix. I have her 1 wk shred, Banish Fat, 30 day Shred and Biggest Loser Last Chance workout. You really can't go wrong with her workouts and you will certainly have variety.
  • Froggymcconnell
    I also have her 30 day shred, no more trouble zones, banish fat boost metabolism and 6 week 6 pack but just fancied a change and something different to mix up workouts at home before they get to stale and I get bored.
  • debraran1
    I more than understand that, I keep a "core" but get rid of ones I really tired of and get new blood every few months. I also have NMTZ's for pure strength, another good one. I also use T25, Amy Dixon (love her) and a few others. Keep those muscles guessing what is coming next., ; )
  • nbp79
    nbp79 Posts: 54 Member
    Bump!
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Just got it today, I'll try to remember to update here with results in a week.

Best part of any JM dvd is working out next to my boyfriend and laughing every time she says "ladies!". (She says it a LOT in every workout.)