what do you have for breakfast?

Replies

• Try to swap margarine for real butter. I believe it's healthier. Also include unprocessed protein like egg, chicken breast or fish to your breakfast. That way, your meal will balance out and you will feel fuller for longer. All the best.
  • nettle1972
    nettle1972 Posts: 4 Member
    I am having one medium sized banana, small dollop of Yeo Valley Natural live yoghurt, quarter of a teaspoon of honey and a small drizzle of Raw cocoa powder... beautiful, cocoa powder very healthy for you and, satisfying and under 300 cals.
  • Sadi_Kalen
    Sadi_Kalen Posts: 33 Member
    i usually have half a cup of oatmeal and milk sprinkled with brown sugar or yogurt or a curried egg wrap with lettuce. have even had hot chocolate milk and mixed fruit too. varies for me, i tend to repeat my lunches and dinners more.
  • WolverhamptonFitness
    WolverhamptonFitness Posts: 233 Member
    2 Weatabix with a sprinkle of porridge oats - and a banana.

Or

2 Scrambled Eggs and 1/2 Tin of beans.
  • rainbow1974
    rainbow1974 Posts: 48 Member
    today I had fat free natural yoghurt, some mixed berries and a squirt of honey , and a cuppa. (no sugar and a tiny splash of s/skimmed milk)
    yesterday I had 2 slices of wholemeal toast with marmite and a cuppa
    usually I have porridge with s/skimmed milk and a cuppa.
  • adawson55510
    adawson55510 Posts: 60 Member
    Steak and Nuts or steak and eggs or eggs and nuts ( no carbs at breakfast for me atm ) :)
  • MaureensFreshStart
    MaureensFreshStart Posts: 102 Member
    Coffee (black) with one cup of oatmeal (I know there are healthier brands out there, but I love Quaker's Apples & Cranberries, made with half skim milk, half water)

One poached egg sprinkled with salt and pepper, with a piece of lightly buttered toast (occasionally I'll add a sliced tomato and a dollop of mayo for a quick breakfast sandwich)

Smoothie (I have a Nutri-bullet, which blends everything really nicely, no "chunkiness" - I usually toss in a cup of baby spinach, a cup of assorted fruits - whatever I have on hand, sometimes fresh, sometimes frozen, half a cup of non fat plain yogurt, water, and blend)

One can tuna (packed in water/drained), half a cup of canned seasoned black beans (drained), a small cucumber (if I have it in the fridge, more often than not, I do), drizzled with Balsamic Vinaigrette
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Porridge (various flavours and toppings - my favourites are a mix of granulated sweetener with a touch of salt and almonds or just sweetener with blueberries/raisins)

Muesli or granola with fat free greek style yogurt (with a bit of sweetener).

Eggs (poached or hard boiled) on wholemeal toast or a wholemeal roll.

All with a cup of tea - those are my staple breakfast foods - but I will mix things up depending what my folks have bought in the weekly shopping :smile:
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Three egg whites, sauté spinach and tomato, sometimes add a small cooked potato.
    Some sort of fruit
    Maybe an English muffin

If I am busy a protein bar.

Always coffee with fat free half and half.
  • Sweetvirgo63
    Sweetvirgo63 Posts: 119 Member
    1/3 cup Quick Oats
    1 tsp brown sugar
    1/2 cup fruit
    chopped nuts or low fat turkey sausage for protein
    1 cup Almond Milk

or

2 scrambled eggs
    1/2 cup chopped veggies
    2 whole wheat toast [lightly buttered]
    1 fruit
    1 cup Almond Milk
  • Rlavigne93
    Rlavigne93 Posts: 119 Member
    I usually have some yogurt with granola, or a smoothie. Usually comes out to about 200 calories, and they're super easy. I hate having to cook in the morning.
  • allanakern
    allanakern Posts: 245 Member
    I either have:

2 or 3 scrambled eggs with 1 cup frozen veggies (microwaved) and 2 tbsp. of salsa... totally fills me up.

Otherwise, sounds weird because its more of a lunch food but I have:

tuna sandwich, instead of mayo mix a little greek yogurt and use sara lee 45 calorie bread and that's only 188 calories but 26 g of protein to fill you up

1 cup chocolate fiber one cereal
    1/2 cup almond milk

mmmmmm low calorie and all super filling
  • Jbarbo01
    Jbarbo01 Posts: 240 Member
    My favorite breakfast is a big ol fruit smoothie

1 banana
    1/2 cup fresh blueberries
    1 cup of frozen mixed berries
    1 tbsp of peanut butter
    2 cups of unsweetened almond milk

Oddly keeps me fuller longer than a low carb high protein breakfast, go figure
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    3 egg omelet with herbs de provence, a little butter, and some sweet *kitten* mozzarella.
  • palmer2356
    palmer2356 Posts: 11 Member
    I have to be at work by 6 am so
    I don't have time to eat go all out for breakfast. So I usually have a decontructed cheese omlete......a hard boiled egg and mozzarella string cheese! LOL it is easy and portable!
  • aprilricks86
    aprilricks86 Posts: 67 Member
    I've really been liking cereal with protein powder and almond milk, for me I do at least 2 servings of most cereals and 20 grams of protein powder, usually around 3-400 calories. This is my pre-workout meal so I avoid cereals that have a lot of added sugars and typically go for shredded wheat big biscuits, bran flakes, cheerios, or make oatmeal from plain old fashioned oats. On non lifting days I usually go for an egg and veggie scramble with 2 whole eggs +3-4 whites, 2 pieces light toast and mushrooms / onions / peppers in the scramble. I like to top it with feta sometimes too! Breakfast is my favorite meal of the whole day by far! Good luck finding some other options, looks like you have a lot here
  • drepublic
    drepublic Posts: 180 Member
    Custom Pancake Mix:

1 cup egg whites
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    1 tbl spoon pb2
    1 scoop isopure whey "double rich chocolate"
    1/2 tbl spoon of baking powder

Blend above ingredients and cook.
  • ObsessedMonster
    ObsessedMonster Posts: 150 Member
    Hemp protein smoothie (frozen berries, scoop of hemp protein, banana and 1/2 cup of coconut milk) some mornings. Oatmeal with almonds on the side most days.
  • thriller001
    thriller001 Posts: 12 Member
    I always have cold cereal I change it up though raisin bran, captain crunch, or honey nut cheerios. I never get bored with it.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    black coffee, quest bar and X-tend.