How to count Insanity

rosebette
rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
The gym I belong to now has an Insanity class, which I attended on Tuesday and today. How does that "Count" in MFP exercise calories? I put it in as circuit training because it's sort of like that, but more intense.

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Best way is to get an HRM to check your heart rate. Circuit training is a good default. The book says that Month 1 workouts should be around 600 calories (min tend to be a little higher, but I'm a bigger guy with a lot of weight in my legs).
  • rosebette
    So I have to buy a piece of technology to take advantage of this free class at the Y? Anyway the circuit training count sounds about right. If you're bigger and burning 600, I guess I'd burn around half that.
  • nikkiniknik93
    nikkiniknik93 Posts: 2 Member
    I always logged mine as high impact aerobics, came out at 300cals in 40 mins which sounded about right to me.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    personally think that high impact aerobics makes more sense.

also second the HRM. i used it just to make sure i wasn't dogging it when i did insanity.
  • rosebette
    I don't know about "dogging it". I was sweating like a pig (and I don't even sweat)! That instructor really pushed us. I think I'd be more inclined to "dog it" if I were doing the program at home. It's one of the reasons I like classes because the instructors really do push you.