1 Week Anniversary - Thank You MFP!

pinktoque
pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
I know celebrating one full week with MFP and eating healthy and working out might seem a little silly, BUT... baby steps, right?

I have dieted before, tried to watch what I was eating before and I was exercising some before... but now that I'm part of the MFP family, I'm SO energized and SO motivated to keep at it! I think MFP and the wonderful people that make up the family are the reason I am able to stick to it this time, as this is what I was missing all of those previous failed attempts.

:heart: YOU are the difference, MFP'ers! YOU! :heart:

I started a week ago today. Last week, I worked out or did some exercise of some kind for at least 30 minutes EVERY DAY!

Monday - Turbo Jam cardio 20m + 10m pilates (waist)
Tuesday - brisk walk with the hubby and our dogs
Wednesday - Turbo Jam cardio 20m + 10m pilates (arms)
Thursday - Turbo Jam cardio 20m
Friday - Turbo Jam cardio 20m + 10m pilates (thighs)
Saturday - Turbo Jam cardio 45m
Sunday - Pilates 30m

This is HUGE for me. I got up this morning and am starting a new variation on the Turbo Jam set to get the ab jam and sculpting/strengthening in this week and I was so excited! I can't wait to track my exercise and food and see myself making my goal limits each day. And I also can't wait to see "what's new" or what's going on here on our forums.

And it's all thanks to all of the wonderful people here at MFP that keep me laughing, motivated and capable of tackling my weight and getting into better health and shape. :flowerforyou: THANK YOU for your inspiration -- it's so powerful! :heart:

love,
Lesley

Replies

• pinktoque
    I know celebrating one full week with MFP and eating healthy and working out might seem a little silly, BUT... baby steps, right?

I have dieted before, tried to watch what I was eating before and I was exercising some before... but now that I'm part of the MFP family, I'm SO energized and SO motivated to keep at it! I think MFP and the wonderful people that make up the family are the reason I am able to stick to it this time, as this is what I was missing all of those previous failed attempts.

:heart: YOU are the difference, MFP'ers! YOU! :heart:

I started a week ago today. Last week, I worked out or did some exercise of some kind for at least 30 minutes EVERY DAY!

Monday - Turbo Jam cardio 20m + 10m pilates (waist)
    Tuesday - brisk walk with the hubby and our dogs
    Wednesday - Turbo Jam cardio 20m + 10m pilates (arms)
    Thursday - Turbo Jam cardio 20m
    Friday - Turbo Jam cardio 20m + 10m pilates (thighs)
    Saturday - Turbo Jam cardio 45m
    Sunday - Pilates 30m

This is HUGE for me. I got up this morning and am starting a new variation on the Turbo Jam set to get the ab jam and sculpting/strengthening in this week and I was so excited! I can't wait to track my exercise and food and see myself making my goal limits each day. And I also can't wait to see "what's new" or what's going on here on our forums.

And it's all thanks to all of the wonderful people here at MFP that keep me laughing, motivated and capable of tackling my weight and getting into better health and shape. :flowerforyou: THANK YOU for your inspiration -- it's so powerful! :heart:

love,
    Lesley
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Way to go, Lesley!!! :drinker:

Glad you're here!! :smooched:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    That is so awesome!! Keep up the good work - you rock! :drinker:
  • mknipp
    mknipp Posts: 106
    Yeah, Lesley! You've only just begun, Sweetie :love: That is quite an exercise list! I do well to get in 15-30 minutes of walking each day along with my neck and back exercises! You go, Girl! Keep up the good work and you'll be down to where you want to be in no time flat!

You're an inspiration for all of us! :love:
    Marti (Grandma from KY)
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    well done, you are so motivated, i try really hard to exercise but its not my favourite thing!!

congrats on your motivation! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • last25
    last25 Posts: 83
    Great job Leslie!! Keep it up, you can do it!

Don't you just love Turbo Jam? It's seriously so much fun you forget you're working out! Or is that just me :wink:

Ajay
  • LREheart
    LREheart Posts: 31
    Great Job!! Keep up the good work!
    <3 Laura
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    YEY YOU!!! Keep up the motivation! You can do it!
  • pinktoque
    awwe thanks everyone!!

(((hugs)))
    Don't you just love Turbo Jam? It's seriously so much fun you forget you're working out! Or is that just me

No way, it's not just you! I think that's why I love Turbo Jam so much :D

:heart:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    What is turbo jam?
  • pinktoque
    What is turbo jam?

It's like a dance party! :) Well, mostly because of the music. It's an intense cardio workout set to dance party music -- the music is so pumping that it really gets me into the groove with working out and it's loads of fun :love:

http://www.beachbody.com -- it's a Beach Body product, just look for Turbo Jam and check out the videos to see what it's all about
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Thank you. Turbo jam sounds great. I will definitely check it out.
  • KimA
    KimA Posts: 1
    Which turbo jam do you use?? I just looked it up and there are sooo many!:happy:
  • pinktoque
    Which turbo jam do you use?? I just looked it up and there are sooo many!:happy:

On the beachbody page I click on "Turbo Jam Maximum Results" -- that's the program. It comes with 5 workouts in the set. One is completely to teach you how to do it, the moves, etc. Another is just a quick (but intense!) 20 minute workout. Then there's the Cardio Party, which is 45 minutes (similar to the 20 minute one, just longer), Turbo Sculpt which is 40 minutes and kind of the strength training part to try and round out the program, and then a 20 minute Ab Jam.

If you order it on DVD, all 5 workouts come split up across 2 DVDs. Then you just pop them in and select which one you want to do. The Maximum Results program comes with a guidebook that gives you an outline of what to do each day to work into the program.

For example, if you're a beginner to Turbo Jam it advises you spend a few days doing the Learn and Burn video that teaches you the moves and does some basics with you. You can do that one as many times or as long as you need until you're comfortable with the "moves." Then you can move on. The guidebook tells you which workouts to do each day for a month -- at both a beginner and advanced level.

I.E.

Day 1 (Mon) - Cardio Party
    Day 2 (Tues) - Turbo Sculpt
    Day 3 (Wed) - Cardio Party
    Day 4 (Thurs) - 20m Cardio + Ab Jam

etc. etc. that way you balance out what you're doing and aren't always doing the exact same thing. And like I said, there's an outline for both beginners and those who are advanced with the program so you can go at your own speed. Also in the guidebook are some meal suggestions and recipes to follow if you choose. I find lots of the selections are reeeeally yummy (see the Waldorf Salad here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23327-healthy-waldorf-salad) and then I track all of my food and exercise here on MFP :)

Hope that helps!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!