Didn't gain any thing.

This weekend I went to visit my mom in Lake Havasu and we usually alway do a lot of eating and snacking while there and no matter how hard I try to watch what I eat I usually gain at least a pound if not more.
Well this last weekend I guess I watched a little better than usual and even though I ate some things I shouldn't, (Baked Zeti, Giant bread rolls with garlic butter, pizza and stuff) I didn't gain anything. I tried to keep the portions down but I thought for sure I would have gained with that giant roll and butter, but NOPE, I came back the same as I left. Yeah!!! I think that is a first.

I also stayed away from the alcohal this weekend to and only had 2 light beers on Friday night instead of my usuall 3 or 4 margaritas on Saturday while out there.:drinker: :drinker:

Oh, and just for those who think you can drink and drive, don't do it in Havasu. Even though I only had 2 beers in like 3 hours, I still called for a ride because I never saw so many cops hanging out around the bars in a town. There was like 30 cops waiting for people to come out and drive. Even though I was sober, I was afraid to even touch my car. I hope they caught some that shouldn't be driving. Better to be safe than sorry.

SM

Replies

• This weekend I went to visit my mom in Lake Havasu and we usually alway do a lot of eating and snacking while there and no matter how hard I try to watch what I eat I usually gain at least a pound if not more.
    Well this last weekend I guess I watched a little better than usual and even though I ate some things I shouldn't, (Baked Zeti, Giant bread rolls with garlic butter, pizza and stuff) I didn't gain anything. I tried to keep the portions down but I thought for sure I would have gained with that giant roll and butter, but NOPE, I came back the same as I left. Yeah!!! I think that is a first.

I also stayed away from the alcohal this weekend to and only had 2 light beers on Friday night instead of my usuall 3 or 4 margaritas on Saturday while out there.:drinker: :drinker:

Oh, and just for those who think you can drink and drive, don't do it in Havasu. Even though I only had 2 beers in like 3 hours, I still called for a ride because I never saw so many cops hanging out around the bars in a town. There was like 30 cops waiting for people to come out and drive. Even though I was sober, I was afraid to even touch my car. I hope they caught some that shouldn't be driving. Better to be safe than sorry.

SM
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    good for you! That's awesome... I have that problem when visiting relatives also.. seems like they always want you to cheat, they tell you 'it's OK, just a little won't hurt'... :grumble: for me, once I get started down the 'bad path' it's hard to get back on track again!

I also had a pretty successful weekend in that regard... unfortunately it was under difficult circumstances... I had to go to a funeral that was VERY sad, :cry: and on top of that I had to of course go to back to a relative's house for all that funeral food... YIKES...

There were a few healthy choices available (like watermelon and grapes) and I kept the other stuff to a minimum... so I didn't gain anything either! Usually all of that temptation along with the emotions of the day would have combined to be binge city... but I was a good girl! (I did let myself have a no-bake cookie... OMG, LOVE THOSE THINGS)...

anyway...

Totally off topic.... Did you ever end up getting a HRM???? Just wondering if you did and if you like it or not??
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Congrats!! That's a HUGE accomplishment :)

I managed to steer clear of the bad stuff this weekend, too! We had poker night at our house Saturday which typically means pizza, loads of chips and snacks, cupcakes, etc. I made sure we had plenty of veggies and fruit on hand for snacking, too. Somehow I avoided all of the bad food and only snacked on veggies and fruit and I even had an alternate to the pizza for myself to keep me on track. A whole night and not one cupcake! YAY

It may seem "small" but all of these little accomplishments should be celebrated. You managed to keep it under control ALL WEEKEND -- that's so awesome :D

:love:
  • We are so awsome for doing so Good. Yeah to us.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • good for you! That's awesome... I have that problem when visiting relatives also.. seems like they always want you to cheat, they tell you 'it's OK, just a little won't hurt'... :grumble: for me, once I get started down the 'bad path' it's hard to get back on track again!

I also had a pretty successful weekend in that regard... unfortunately it was under difficult circumstances... I had to go to a funeral that was VERY sad, :cry: and on top of that I had to of course go to back to a relative's house for all that funeral food... YIKES...

There were a few healthy choices available (like watermelon and grapes) and I kept the other stuff to a minimum... so I didn't gain anything either! Usually all of that temptation along with the emotions of the day would have combined to be binge city... but I was a good girl! (I did let myself have a no-bake cookie... OMG, LOVE THOSE THINGS)...

anyway...

Totally off topic.... Did you ever end up getting a HRM???? Just wondering if you did and if you like it or not??

I got the Nike Imara, it was a strap one I could get for 20 bucks on ebay, and it works great. I of course want to get the polar, but I will get that for christmas, but this does the heart rate with the strap and keeps great track of calories burned without trying to push buttens, I just click and go. Directions took me a couple days of going back to it to figure it out and then it clicked what it was saying. Dah! They could have directions for dummies for those of us who never had one before.
    Thanks for asking.
    SM
  • Baobab
    Baobab Posts: 17
    Fabulous job :) Keep it up chica.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!