Post your trail-cam pics here

Go_Mizzou99
Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
All the deer and turkey habitat that we have made on our farm is really producing some game this year.

Hens (i.e. mama turkeys) with their poults (i.e. baby turkeys)
25j9wux.jpg

The deer pic is from a month ago...I love it when the bucks pal-around. Scrapes are showing up now. Need to put out some more corn and see what the bucks are up to.
20fojnq.jpg

Edited to re-size pics so they fit

Replies

• str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Nice! Apparently I need to put a trail cam on the top of my yard barn for the turkeys. I came home last week and a hen had 3 babies in my backyard. I have turkeys in my yard all the time. The deer however, must be a little smarter...they stay just inside the woods along the fence.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Any reccommendations on cams (preferably under $100)? We have had mountain lions, bear, and bobcats all spotted on our property yet I've never seen one (well I've never seen a mtn lion at all, but I've seen the others just not on our property). Been talking about trails cams for months now just to see what's up. We have perfect wildlife property and it's even registered through the Wildlife Federation. Would love to catch a glimpse of something other than the usual birds, fowl, and raccoons.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Nice looking little buck!
  • Go_Mizzou99

little?
    It was 12 point in pic but probably will be 14-16 as rack was still growing and in full velvet. Other trail-cam shots showed a second set of brow tines sprouting as well.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Any reccommendations on cams (preferably under $100)? We have had mountain lions, bear, and bobcats all spotted on our property yet I've never seen one (well I've never seen a mtn lion at all, but I've seen the others just not on our property). Been talking about trails cams for months now just to see what's up. We have perfect wildlife property and it's even registered through the Wildlife Federation. Would love to catch a glimpse of something other than the usual birds, fowl, and raccoons.

I have several types. I usually look at the reviews in Cabela's, Bass Pro Shop, and MidwayUSA and decide which one to get that way - and I am strongly influenced by sale prices. I never spend more than $100. Seems like every new one I get makes the old ones look more obsolete. I try to buy at least one new one a year to rotate out the old ones - which are still fully functional and I then sell them on Craigslist or give a great deal to a new hunter who is just starting out. We currently have 6 between my son and me for a 120 acre property.
  • MassiveDelta

little?
    It was 12 point in pic but probably will be 14-16 as rack was still growing and in full velvet. Other trail-cam shots showed a second set of brow tines sprouting as well.

Oh sorry ...Im from Iowa
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member

little?

LOL calm down. Little isn't always a bad word :wink:

Love the pics!
  • JacqueJo
    JacqueJo Posts: 33 Member
    Fellow Mizzou person here! My pics of Bear Creek trail won't load though...
  • JacqueJo
    Trying to post my trail pic....

153teup.jpg
  • JacqueJo
    ewww...that is awful...I will try again...
  • JacqueJo
    2d7d5c9.jpg
  • Go_Mizzou99
    2d7d5c9.jpg

Easy stuff now! Congrats.

Have not ridden the Bear Creek trails...mostly stick with the KATY trail.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member

I have several types. I usually look at the reviews in Cabela's, Bass Pro Shop, and MidwayUSA and decide which one to get that way - and I am strongly influenced by sale prices. I never spend more than $100. Seems like every new one I get makes the old ones look more obsolete. I try to buy at least one new one a year to rotate out the old ones - which are still fully functional and I then sell them on Craigslist or give a great deal to a new hunter who is just starting out. We currently have 6 between my son and me for a 120 acre property.
    Thanks for the info. I do browse wistfully through my Cabela's and BPS often but wasn't sure which way to head. It sounds as though you've gone with a variety over one specific model so that's hopeful.

I'd say let me know when you Craigslist again, but the shipping charges would likely fill in the gap of purchasing a used one vs. new. :laugh:
  • MassiveDelta
    Its certainly not a bad buck at all Nice avg buck. If it hits 12-14 It would be really!! decent shooter. Trail cams are hard to gauge but his Body looks small and his neck is real slender. My guess is he is going to be about a 120ish when season hits. A real solid buck to shoot.
  • JacqueJo
    Bear Creek is really close to my house so is more convenient than Katy for me. I walk Katy every once in a while, but Bear Creek is super convenient...hilly...but convenient. :)
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    alien-baton-rouge-la-us.JPG
  • Go_Mizzou99
    alien-baton-rouge-la-us.JPG

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Archery deer season starts tomorrow...trail cam picked this up right after I mowed a clover field. Big body - maybe a 125 on B&C

2d7sx3d.jpg

34zwqyr.jpg

Lots and lots of turkey on the trail cam...must have been a really good year for them.
  • MassiveDelta
    Nice! Get him!
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Spring turkey season is a few weeks off...The polts are all grown up now. This winter has not been to awfully hard on the wildlife.

fl33tjj0uxgh.jpg

u3siuz82zhat.jpg