TLT- Tuesday Aug 26 how are ya doing?

Am gym went well. I wore my HRM for Intervals and highly recommend one for people who are motivated and intrigued by that kind of thing. I felt like I had a great workout compared to a steady pace workout at the same time period.

I am feeling stronger and more positive about making healthy choices and being ok with the sluggish scale.

Wed- Wts PM yoga
Thursday AM spin class (I think)
Friday Wts.

Replies

• mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Am gym went well. I wore my HRM for Intervals and highly recommend one for people who are motivated and intrigued by that kind of thing. I felt like I had a great workout compared to a steady pace workout at the same time period.

I am feeling stronger and more positive about making healthy choices and being ok with the sluggish scale.

Wed- Wts PM yoga
    Thursday AM spin class (I think)
    Friday Wts.
  • shivers
    shivers Posts: 53
    I just got a new Polar RS200 HRM for my birthday and used it last night for my Cross Country run. Gotta love gadgets! :smile: I noticed it had an interval setting, might try that out on my next session. I'm trying to ignore the scales for a few days too, especially after my birthday bingeing...:blushing:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Present to myself when I get home: HRM!!

I love interval training... breaks up the run!!

Case of the blahs and decided going to stick with it -- running tomorrow though and circuit training!!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Okay, I'll bite. What does TLT mean?
  • jamdblake4
    jamdblake4 Posts: 179
    Weight train this morning chest I love that workout this afternoon tri's and finely the stairs 1min sprints then a 30 sec jog for 30 min

TLT is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the Last 10#
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Weight train this morning chest I love that workout this afternoon tri's and finely the stairs 1min sprints then a 30 sec jog for 30 min

TLT is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the Last 10#

Thanks for letting me know about TLT. I'll be joining your group around the first of the year.
  • mlillie
    Anyone is welcome to the group- we are just a group that was formed from working hard and seeing S-L-O-W progress from the scale because it gets slower the lower your weight goes. We need to be motivated (and we all do!) by other goals other than just the scale.

It was bumming me out so that is how the group was formed. Now i feel like I can work on other goals and hopefully the last ten (TLT) will come off as well.
  • mlillie
    Yay! Gotta love the stairs- that is a great workout. People are doing great!!!

Blahs are sometimes lurking over my shoulder and I have to not listen to them or they will get me off track with progress and feeling healthy and happy! But that is hard and that is why I needed to start this group to try and re-focus off blahs. I can really struggle and want to see progress right here, right now!!!
  • mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Not feeling the greatest today. But forced my way through 30 min of interval. Also going to walk the dogs for 40 minutes tonight. Tomorrow will be a better day.

I have a problem of going way over my carbs. I love fruit and granola bars. I am trying to be better about sweets, but sometimes treat myself to a little to avoid binging.
    Anyone have any tips on decreasing carbs?

I hope to maintain my weight through the weekend. We are going away four-wheeling. We eat at the bars on the trail. Not very many healthy options. But it will only be for 2 days. My goal is to make the healthiest choice available, bring my own snacks, and watch portion sizes.

I have 8 lbs to lose in 8 weeks. I am trying hard.

Good luck to all!