What to do with tuna

Replies

• littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Bump
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    I mix tuna with sriracha sauce or franks red hot, diced jalapeños, diced onions on bread w/cheese and either baby spinach or iceberg lettuce.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    I just added olive oil to mine with a heap of red onions and green peppers (diced), salt and pepper, and Mrs. Dash. Put it in a sundried tomato tortilla.
  • Fat burning foods can reduce your unwanted fats very quickly, if you want to buy these fat burning foods then you can visit www.isadetox.com.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    I used to buy plain water packed tuna... then I discovered Trader Joe's No Sodium Water Packed White Albacore Tuna...:love: the rest is History! White Tuna is a whole different animal.:tongue:

But I am looking forward to the ideas others will be sharing on how they 'do their tuna up'.
    Tuna cakes (like crab cakes)!

12 oz tuna in water
    2 large eggs
    celery/ onion chopped
    ole bay seasoning

Mix together throw in the over for 30-45 min at 375. great flavor, LOVE THEM
    Tuna patties are where it's at. I don't have any clue what their calorie count is but here's what I do and it is delicious.

Open and drain several cans of tuna, empty tuna into mixing bowl.
    Open a pack of saltines and start crushing them over the tuna and mixing them in.
    Add an egg or two depending on how much tuna/crackers you are making.
    Eventually you get this mixture that you can form into balls, this is what you're looking for

Now heat up a non-stick pan and spray it with some no stick spray.
    Form a couple tuna patties and toss them in, browning them on each side.

These things are super delicious solo or with some peach mango salsa. I usually make quite a few all at once and toss the rest in the fridge. They reheat pretty well!

oh definitely going to try this one!!!
    Ahhh thanks for the tuna patty reminder.... Old Bay Seasoning and the crackers crunched up sound good... I think I'll mix the 2 recipes up and have a go at it!

Tuna with Cottage Cheese sounds yummy as well... love the ideas others all share of their favorites!:drinker:

Thanks Gang:flowerforyou:

I tried the Albacore, and didn't like it. Too fishy tasting for me.
  • lniber22
    lniber22 Posts: 29 Member
    Forget the mayo, mix your tuna with hummus or an avocado or both. I mix and spread over sliced tomatos and cucumbers.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Tuna patties!

1 7oz can of chunk tuna packed in water drained (some liquid ok)
    1 egg 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (40g) ground up in a blender or food processor
    About 1/3 cup of finely chopped bell pepper
    About 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
    A large clove of garlic minced
    1 tbsp lemon juice
    1/4 tsp celery salt pinch of fresh ground black pepper

Grill em, and done!
  • ichoose2believe
    ichoose2believe Posts: 108 Member
    Silly as it sounds I love to add tuna to soups.
  • Drain your tuna and add salsa. Then put on a taco shell with some cheese and lettuce, even plain yogurt. Yum!
  • GDLAZ
    GDLAZ Posts: 3,785 Member
    My wife makes an awesome tuna salad with celery, apples, grapes, walnuts, and mayo.
  • Runfaster14
    Runfaster14 Posts: 90 Member
    Nice and Simple
    Tuna
    an avacado cut in chunks
    juice of one lime
    red onions
    salt and pepper to taste

i mash this put on low sodium rice cakes, or mix with brown rice. or I put the Tuna and avacado on romaine lettuce with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

Easy good lunch.
  • fernlori
    fernlori Posts: 17 Member
    Bump
  • bgoodsmile
    bgoodsmile Posts: 68 Member
    BuMp!
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    They recently had this recipe on the blog for tuna mixed with avocado instead of mayonnaise. I haven't tried it yet but for what it's worth:
    http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/2014/06/avocado-tuna-salad/
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Tuna Stuffed Tomatoes

Ingredients
    2 cans tuna, drained
    1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
    1 tablespoon diced onion
    1 tablespoon diced green bell pepper
    1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
    3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    4 large tomatoes

Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut a thin slice from the top of each tomato and scoop out most of the pulp leaving a thick shell so that the tomato will hold its shape. Invert on paper towel and set aside. Combine tuna, bread crumbs, onion, bell pepper, tarragon, olive oil, pepper and salt. Stuff each tomato with tuna salad mixture. Place in lightly sprayed pan and bake for 15 - 20 minutes. Garnish with tarragon as desired. Serves 4.

1 filled tomato: Calories 190 (from Fat 60), Fat 7g (Saturated 1g), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 370mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g, Fiber 3g, Sugars 5g, Protein 22g.
  • bohemian124
    bohemian124 Posts: 153 Member
    bump
  • oldskool556
    oldskool556 Posts: 7 Member
    that tuna on the spinach looks good
  • oldskool556
    oldskool556 Posts: 7 Member
    Looks good
    Tuna Salad Appetizers

1 can Clover light tuna in water
    ¼ cup chopped celery
    ¼ cup chopped red or while onion
    ¼ cup broccoli florets
    2 tbsp Miracle Whip Non-Fat Dressing (green label, 15cals per tbsp)
    1 tsp balsamic vinegar
    16 spinach leaves
    Fresh ground pepper

Directions: Drain tuna. Mix all ingredients together and spoon onto freshly washed spinach leaves. Makes
    approximately 16.

WW Points: 0

* If you eat all 16 its 3 WW points or if you use the more commonly found Miracle Whip Light 30 cal per
    tbsp its 4 WW point for all 16.

Here’s the photo I took

Picture157.jpg

this actually looks really good! thanks!!
  • flutterrshy
    flutterrshy Posts: 2 Member
    I make a salad from cucumber, tomato and red onion. sometimes I add bell peppers or something. Add a can of tuna to that. spices, basically anything you have (and like) Let it sit for a few hours. om nom nom.
  • I'm bumping too. Can't wait to try some of these.