Most embarrassing 'fat' moment you can now laugh at?

Replies

• JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    It's not really laughable, more SMH now but...
    It was me and my (now) husbands first ever weekend away together and we were just walking down the street, talking about where to go for dinner. Husband said Nando's but at the time I didn't eat meat and said so, two guys were passing us coming the other way and one turns to the other and says " Must eat everything else, look at the f***ing size of it.."

Look. At. The. F***ing. Size.Of. It. :noway:

I could have died of shame, and obviously pretended not to hear. Husband pretended not to hear, I guess he didn't know whether he was supposed to go beat them up or whatever. The worst thing was I never even knew I was that big, looking back I was probably between 180 and 190lbs but I had never really thought about my weight, I'm 5'7 and mostly T and A so I'd never actually considered myself fat. It wasn't till much later I actually realized enough to do something about it though.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    wow
  • LanceDuvall
    LanceDuvall Posts: 66 Member
    TGIF.....Great day and weather getting ready for 3 day weekend.....had a great day yesterday did a 70 mie bike ride and this morning before work did a 16 miler......my weight is moving steadily downward.....life is good.....don't have much planned for the weekend.....pssst which is what I like.....tomorrow nothing but golf and bike riding.....and day or 2 at the beach and let's not forget BBQ.....what are you plans? and who's sad about the ending of the summer?.....the only good thing "ARE YOUR READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?
  • shaythep
    shaythep Posts: 73 Member
    this is going back 10 years - but my son who was 6 at the time walked up and wrapped his arms around me while I was talking to some friends - he said "mommy I love your bum because its so big and squishy" - little brat
    Sitting in church waiting for everyone to file in (it's very quiet). This REALLY large man walks past and my 5 yr old daughter in full 5 yr old voice says "Dad, that guy is really fat!" She then looks up at the horrified look on my face, thinking that she has somehow offended me and says "But not as fat as you dad, you're the fattest!" then wraps her arms around me for a big hug. Lots of chuckles, lots of embarrasement, little bit of dying on the inside.
    [/quote

I am truly sorry. Kids say the darnest things. However, I laughed so hard at this I started to cry.
  • KandGRanch
    KandGRanch Posts: 131 Member
    My husband: wow, those skinny jeans look great on you!
    Me:.....they're boot cut....not skinny jeans....
  • Targetx130
    Targetx130 Posts: 58 Member
    Another pregnant situation...
    Was away on vacation around Halloween time and the hotel was going to have someone tell the haunted history of the area one night. We decided to go down. Of course we were one of tge last peopke to get there abd there werent any more seats. I guess my tummy was looking extra plump that evening bc as i was standi.g and staring a woman near me stood up and told me i could have her seat. I said No its okay but thanks. She then said Oh i dont think you should be standing or sitting on the floor for this long with as far along as you are. My initial reaction was to rip her head off, but i then decided to go alo.g with it. I put my hand on my stomach, sat down, said thank you. Husband and i were dating at the time and he had gone to get a drink. When he came back the womans husband got up for now husband to sit in. He leaned over and said how nice the people were. I said They think I'm pregnant so get your hand on my belly and start aski.g how I'm feeling. He looked at me and busted out laughing and whispered You aren't pissed? I said of course i am but i just scored us some comfy seats.
  • lillyrose2020
    lillyrose2020 Posts: 178 Member
    I'm pretty slim now, but someone just this week asked if I was pregnant and when I was due. In fact I had just eaten a burrito that was bigger than my head and had a pretty respectable food baby.

I responded by rubbing it lovingly, and saying "Thank you, not a baby just a delicious, delicious burrito. It's due any hour now"

More embarrassing for the other woman I suspect.

Haha, love your response and will be using that if the situation ever arises!
  • turtlebeth
    turtlebeth Posts: 57 Member
    It was Chritmas time...gift exchange...I received a can of Slim Fast...

You win. I am speechless. If I knew how to do those little faces people comment with here, it would be a row of frowny faces and head shakes.
  • nixdieting
    nixdieting Posts: 15 Member
    Mine was my own self consciousness when I was a 'fat' teenager, many (many) years ago now.

When I was on a crowded beach on holiday I was so embarassed about my size (at aged 16 and size Uk16) that I didn't want anybody to see what I perceived as an enormous tummy when I wanted to go for a swim in the sea. So what I did was to sit down on my bum in the sand with my knees bent to cover my tum and kind of shuffled my way across the sand in that position to the sea. I probably drew far more attention to myself that way than if I'd just jumped up and ran in. Self consciousness can make you do things in some very strange ways!...

PS - I'm now, at aged 51, size UK 10-12, thanks to this site.
  • LadyGisborne
    LadyGisborne Posts: 32 Member
    My French size 52 (that's a US 22) pants splitting at the bottom when I bent down and having to ask my boyfriend to stitch them back because I can't sew.
  • Greenbomb
    Greenbomb Posts: 89 Member
    Being at a company golf outing and the CEO asking me, in front of other people, when I was due. Wasn't pregnant.....

And another time a few years later, was with my dog at the park. A little girl, who's mother was clearly very pregnant asked me if I had a baby in my tummy, too. When I said no, she looked all confused and said "then why is your tummy so big?" The poor mom wanted to die, but I laughed and said "oh gosh it's ok, she's just a little girl!" But inside I was crushed.
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    I'm still fat but this is funny....

Okay so I'm with my best friend at the time and we were going to a convenient store close to a very busy intersection...
    It's a super windy day, and as I get out of the car the wind blows up my dress revealing my underwear to EVERYONE... I couldn't even get it down without it flying up elsewhere...

To make matters worse, my undies said I love ice cream all over them, and had ice cream cones... :blushing:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sherellescott5
    sherellescott5 Posts: 11 Member
    In a shop about 6 years ago and being asked by the assistant 'Ahhh when are you due?'. I looked down at my stomach and felt sick. I was so embarrassed and ashamed to admit that I wasn't pregnant and just fat that I went along with it. I left the store in tears. Luckily now I can laugh but at the time boy did I feel low!
  • Greenbomb
    I'm still fat but this is funny....

Okay so I'm with my best friend at the time and we were going to a convenient store close to a very busy intersection...
    It's a super windy day, and as I get out of the car the wind blows up my dress revealing my underwear to EVERYONE... I couldn't even get it down without it flying up elsewhere...

To make matters worse, my undies said I love ice cream all over them, and had ice cream cones... :blushing:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That is really the perfect storm! Glad you laughed it off!
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Ooh and there was this one time (this one still hurts a tad)
    My mom and I were riding in the car, eating mcdonalds burgers... we had just gotten back from visiting a family member in the hospital. I had a ponytail, a clunky headband in, and I'm munching away.

I car pulls up next to us on the high way, rolls down their windows, honks and motions for us to roll down the window, so we do...
    It's a girl driving, and a guy in the passenger seat, both a little older than I was at the time...

She hollers, what's your number, he likes you and wants it, and he's shouting, No, no in the background while they're both laughing...
    I've got my burger in my hands, and my eyes are tearing up, when my mom nudges me and says (genuinely) ooh he liked you [my name]

She didn't get it.
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    LMFAOO ^ omg.
  • Deewithadoo
    Deewithadoo Posts: 26 Member
    I was walking down a hospital corridor with my husband (who was the patient) and my DOCTOR came walking toward us, patted me on the stomach and said, "Congratulations!" What an idiot!
  • beckyjeanleemaddox
    beckyjeanleemaddox Posts: 154 Member
    Someone that hadnt seen me in years gasped and said ÿouŕe fat as a hog!!!! loudly in Walmart. Yeah its funny now. I wear a size 16 now and just lost over 40 lbs.She didnt even see me @ my highest weight. I think I weighed about 170 and thats what I weigh now. But my highest weight was 227.
  • Greenbomb
    Someone that hadnt seen me in years gasped and said ÿouŕe fat as a hog!!!! loudly in Walmart. Yeah its funny now. I wear a size 16 now and just lost over 40 lbs.She didnt even see me @ my highest weight. I think I weighed about 170 and thats what I weigh now. But my highest weight was 227.

Geez-Zus! What kind of thing is that to say to someone?! What an idiot.
  • that_tall_girl
    that_tall_girl Posts: 95 Member
    I don't know that I would really laugh at any of it, but I have had a few moments that truly sucked. Vindication for me will come on the day that I'm able to ride a rollercoaster again. Then I think I will be ready to laugh. But here is a small list of a few things that have happened:

1) Around the age of 15, was probably about 240-250 lbs, the neighbor's young son (probably 7-9 years old) came up and asked if I was pregnant. I said no, and he responded, "It looks like you are."

2) My 16th birthday, about 250-260 lbs, went to a Chinese restaurant with my family. While we were waiting to be seated, I overheard an older man comment to his wife, "Damn! She could play for the Seahawks!" (I might also mention here that I'm 6'1", so I am built like a frickin' linebacker.)

3) Age 20, around 315 lbs, living in an apartment with 5 other girls, furnished cheap furniture, I broke my wood framed twin bed three times in less than a month. Eventually I decided to forego the frame and slept on a mattress on the floor.

4) When I was about 22, again around 300-315 lbs, my family had a reunion to celebrate my grandma's 80th birthday. We spent a day at a nearby amusement park. I waited in a line for about an hour to get on a rollercoaster I'd loved riding in the past. Got on the ride and discovered that I couldn't buckle the safety belt. Sadly made my way off the ride and watched as my family members went without me.

Being heavy sucks!