What I saw on my morning commute

13»

Replies

• 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about...
    Yeah. Let's just exit quietly together.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Is there an acceptance committee for this Salt Life club?

Yes...but you have to come here to Jacksonville....the birthplace of Salt Life. We take you to the Salt Life Food Shack and make you eat a tuna poke bowl while we conduct an interview to see if you are truly Salt Life material. If you pass, you can put a sticker on the back of your vehicle no matter where you live.
    "Salt Life" is a state of mind.
    You can be from anywhere in the world but, if your heart is on the waves and in your dreams you can taste the ocean, that is the salt life.
    Geographical location has very little to do with it.
    Thats my opinion anyway.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member

Then at the next intersextion (on purpose) there was a dude with a "love Jesus ....." and a lot of writing. When he turned around he had a ventriloquist dummy on his back.

It freaked me out :noway:

That is GOOD!

A few years back I saw a kid playing a trumpet while on my evening commute. He was holding his Music against the steering wheel, with what ill refer to loosely as his driving hand, and his right hand he was holding his trumpet to his mouth and actually playing. Speed limit 65 mph....

:noway:

We have a no texting rule here, maybe we need to add a no playing the brass rule too :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Is there an acceptance committee for this Salt Life club?

Yes there is, and I am it. Here is your application......how tall are you? :smokin:

OMG...does that say Moderator and you have a sense of humor...in public? The world is ending grab your Bug out bags, grab your extra ammo, action plan Alpha is a GO!!!!

:wink: Actually you need a HUGE sense of humor to mod these boards :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    a motorcycle was coming up behind me, riding between lanes. i turned outward a bit, to make sure i gave him room. sure, riding between lanes is illegal, but i'm not more catholic than the pope or anything. but the suv a couple of cars down turned it, almost knocking the motorcyclist down! fortunately the other car next to the suv made room, and the biker just rode past and waved at the SUV.

seriously lady, you want to cause a guy to wreck? do you trip people that jaywalk?

This reminded me of a story. When I was a kid (think dinosaurs) a friend on a bike was going up between the cars at a high rate of speed. A guy in a big truck swung his door open and my friend ended up on his lap, with this bike. Lucky he wasn't hurt, but the truck door was messed up. Some people are just too stupid :grumble:
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Ha! The company I work for - the main business office is in Iowa. I live in Florida. A lot of cars in our company parking lot with Iowa license plates...they stay for a couple of years and move back to Iowa. I assume the Salt Life stickers go with them! :bigsmile:
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    I was singing in my car on my way to work..... Looked to my right as I was waiting at the light the lady next to me was digging for gold and eating it!!!!! Eeeew!

Did she have a "Booger Life" sticker on her car?
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member

"Salt Life" is a state of mind.
    You can be from anywhere in the world but, if your heart is on the waves and in your dreams you can taste the ocean, that is the salt life.
    Geographical location has very little to do with it.
    Thats my opinion anyway.

This sounds straight out of the Salt Life brochure. Do you work for the company? :P
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about...

+1
  • Kaelakcr
    Kaelakcr Posts: 505 Member
    We all know that people in Iowa aren't allowed to visit the coasts

Thats a Salt Vacation not a Salt Life.

Lol! Love this.

I live in Washington. I live the "everything is made of salt and grey" life, I guess.