Still look awful in skinny jeans. Alternatives?

Replies

• danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Skinny jeans don't look good on **any** one. Just like low rider jeans don't look good on everyone. Just wear clothes that you like and that fit you well.

fixed that for ya :-P

Exactly.

Did boot cut jeans go out of fashion? *shrug* Don't care, they look good on me so I wear them.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Skinny jeans look ugly on everyone.

How so?

Seriously, can someone post a pic of a 'skinny jeans fail'?.....cause I've been googling it & with a very few exceptions, I just don't see it :angry:

If they look bad on everyone what's wrong with the way these girls look?

curvy-skinnyjeans01.jpg
  • mangogirl272727
    mangogirl272727 Posts: 95 Member
    Please does anyone know how to fix "hip dip?" I've struggled with it all my life and absolutely HATE this aspect of my body. Never knew anyone else shared this issue! Pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with carrying too much weight as I'm a size 2 with 17-18% bodyfat.
  • hookilau
    Please does anyone know how to fix "hip dip?" I've struggled with it all my life and absolutely HATE this aspect of my body. Never knew anyone else shared this issue! Pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with carrying too much weight as I'm a size 2 with 17-18% bodyfat.

there's nothing wrong with the way you're shaped, there's nothing to fix -___-
    It's simply where your thigh meets your hip..

20130618-0200.jpg
  • hookilau
    now somebody please tell me what's so awful about skinny jeans :huh:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member

The hip dip, IMO, is caused because you're losing weight from your hips before you're losing it from your thighs. When I trim down, I go through a period where I have a big hip dip until my thighs catch up. When I gain weight, the reverse is true - thighs plump out first, then the hips catch up.

no. the hip dip is created by the way your leg bones fit into your pelvis
  • llamajenn
    llamajenn Posts: 34 Member
    I am guessing you have not done any weight training? That type of exercise makes an attractive body shape.

I work 12 hours a day pushing a mower and swinging around a line trimmer. I have 20% BF. No time or energy for weight training

Then you don't have time for fashion either.

How rude. A person's genetics usually play a big part in weight distribution and shape. Some people just don't look good in certain styles but look fine in others. Skinny jeans are tricky...they don't do me any favors.
    Experiment with different cuts. Sometimes the skinny jeans are too low-rise and more of a mid-rise might work better.
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    I like Express Zelda Barely Boot jeans in a dark wash.

I like boot cuts, too and had no idea they were out of style.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member

Flat assed people say this.
  • Dayiscoming
    Dayiscoming Posts: 13 Member
    I didn't read all the replies, but I think you should wear what looks good on you and worry less about what's in style. Sometimes what's in style sucks. I like flare/bell bottoms/boot cut and will always like them whether or not they are in fashion because they make most people look better. I wouldn't try on skinny jean in a million years.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Hip dip

tumblr_inline_mqrsglC3FN1qz4rgp.png

6ae5d3a0e2885d4288fca50ab13a12d9.jpg

tumblr_m1lz49SpHQ1qeu3jjo1_r1_500.jpg

...seems similar, or stemming from the same issue. (notice I did not say flaw/problem, to me noone in their right mind would find the second girl unnattractive and i found NUMEROUS pictures celebrating this figure feature.

I can't thank you enough for posting this. Didn't know it had name, didn't know it was common, honestly thought I had the weirdest most unique hip situation on earth. Not that I minded all that much.

I have the hip dip, too. Low rise pants look gross on my since it makes my love handles look awful. High rise pants are my best friend.

OP, I don't think bootcut jeans are out of style...
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Certain styles of jeans come in and out of 'fashion' simply because that way, the fashion people can sort of 'honor' all of the different cuts every year.... and of course, trick people into thinking their entire closet needs a complete overhaul. They want your money! The reality is, go to ANY good retail store and they will have tons of cuts and tons of brands just for this reason. What looks good on a short, curvy girl will not look good on someone who is tall and straight. And that is GOOD! it's good they make all kinds of cuts to suit all kinds of bodies. Because nothing looks worse than someone trying to look 'fashionable' in a cut that just looks AWFUL on them. I'm curvy and by curvy I mean I have an hourglass shape. I wear skinny jeans ALL THE TIME and get told I look fantastic in them. I usually get the dark washes, stretch, and wear them either rolled up a bit or tucked into boots. BUT, I also wear the looser tops. I'm a size 12. I wear them fine and even my Mom who has always told me the truth, always talks of how flattering they are (just like she has told me that she loves me, but she hates my hair). Anyways, it's all in the shape. The skinnies I wear also are higher wasted and cut for curves. They are a light material so they don't bunch at my waist or when I move. But what do I wear when I don't wear these? Depends. Many times boot cut with a mid-waist of a medium material or a straight leg with heavy material and a mid to low waist. Your best bet is to take a friend with you that you trust to go shopping and take pics. You'll know when you've found the right cut for your body. But just from looking, I think you could do a skinny cut straight leg in a medium to heavy material. I would either go for a very low waist or high. I think a mid would hit in a bad spot. Going and trying them on will be your best bet since you won't really know until you do. Be prepared to try on a LOT of them and know that we all go through this and eventually you'll find what really feels good and flatters. :smile:

+1 to every word of this
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member

How so?

Seriously, can someone post a pic of a 'skinny jeans fail'?.....cause I've been googling it & with a very few exceptions, I just don't see it :angry:

If they look bad on everyone what's wrong with the way these girls look?

curvy-skinnyjeans01.jpg

I don't really like what's happening at their ankles. It looks like the pants are too long, in my opinion. Looks messy.
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    All the jeans now are glorified stretch pants as far as im concerned. I especially hate the weird stitching up to the zipper in front that looks like you have your pants up too high, but if you lower them you got crotch hang. And does anyone ever look at their rear view with pockets trailing down your thighs. It just looks sloppy and does nothing to your butt. When we wore hiphuggers in the 70s there was no spandex stretchy stuff, they just hung on your hips,no muffin top.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Never heard of hip dip before this post. The pics posted of it are awesome. I actually prefer hip dip, I think it looks hot. Rock that!
  • doctorregenerated
    doctorregenerated Posts: 188 Member
    I don't get skinny jeans. If I want to wear something attached to my skin, I'll wear leggings or some sort of spandex workout pants.
    Nobody wants to see this *kitten* and thighs in that fabric.
    Give me a regular pair of jeans please. I'll boot cut or something, but put it high enough so my whole damn stomach doesn't hang out.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Trouser style jeans are my favorite things ever. They fit and flatter my entire lower half...short legs, saddlebags, wide thighs, big butt, narrow waist. And they're comfortable.

Seriously, look for things that say Trouser Cut or Wide Leg. It's wonderful.
  • doctorregenerated
    doctorregenerated Posts: 188 Member
    NaomiJ - Brand and retail location please! I'm definitely interested!!
  • hookilau

say what?...ask what's wrong with skinnies?...or say they look terrible on everyone?
    this whole thing has me twisted :laugh:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member

i definitely have a round booty and juicy thighs and skinny jeans look effin' sensational on me. i go with midrise