Still look awful in skinny jeans. Alternatives?

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    I am guessing you have not done any weight training? That type of exercise makes an attractive body shape.

I work 12 hours a day pushing a mower and swinging around a line trimmer. I have 20% BF. No time or energy for weight training

You wear size 26 pants but claim to be 20% BF? Sorry, but there's no way.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I am guessing you have not done any weight training? That type of exercise makes an attractive body shape.

I work 12 hours a day pushing a mower and swinging around a line trimmer. I have 20% BF. No time or energy for weight training

I think she's referring to 26 inches (waist) not plus size 26
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member

She means 26 inch waist, so size 2.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member

You know some places do jean size by the actual waistband measurement and not random arbitrarily assigned 2's ad 4's.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Wide leg or bootcut jeans... NOT skinny jeans or, worst of all, tapered legs. Those look awful on EVERYBODY. Palazzo pants or harem pants look great on all body types.

Harem pants would NOT look good on me at all.
  • DarkMoon30
    DarkMoon30 Posts: 63 Member
    Wide leg or bootcut jeans... NOT skinny jeans or, worst of all, tapered legs. Those look awful on EVERYBODY. Palazzo pants or harem pants look great on all body types.

giphy.gif

Gonna pass

It's Hammer Time
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    I couldn't pull off the skinny jeans very well when I was heavier on top because they just made me look too top heavy (no surprise there) I looked like a block walking on stilts. Now that I've evened out a bit I was shocked when I tried a pair on and totally rocked them. I DO have long legs and I DO have a round booty, so the only issue I run in to now when trying on skinny jeans is fitting them over my calves!

I also rock capris, and have started fitting back in to several of the pairs I still have from the late nineties :laugh: . Much to my husband's chagrin because he can't stand them! I find it's mostly the guys that have issues with capris, for some reason they can't wrap their heads around the concept of having a stage in between shorts and pants. Similar issue with the capris though, I find they *usually* work better on ladies who are longer on the leg side.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member

jean-paul-gaultier-x-levis-denim-harem-pants-profile.png

No thanks... I'd rather not look like I'm wearing a saggy diaper all day long.
  • FMUP
    FMUP Posts: 34 Member
    Great advice. Skinny jeans look like leggins (IMHO). And 'low rider', (a.k.a. hip huggers) only look good on women with very straight body types... Wear what looks nice on YOU!
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    I wear skinny jeans but not skin tight, sometimes one size up from my regular size, so they don't fit like "tights." They look good with boots in the winter or with flats. I also have a dark wash of bootleg that I wear to work with boots or a slight heel. I'm petite and curvy, and I know what OP means. You have to try on a lot of pairs to get the right look.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    I couldn't pull off the skinny jeans very well when I was heavier on top because they just made me look too top heavy (no surprise there) I looked like a block walking on stilts. Now that I've evened out a bit I was shocked when I tried a pair on and totally rocked them. I DO have long legs and I DO have a round booty, so the only issue I run in to now when trying on skinny jeans is fitting them over my calves!

I also rock capris, and have started fitting back in to several of the pairs I still have from the late nineties :laugh: . Much to my husband's chagrin because he can't stand them! I find it's mostly the guys that have issues with capris, for some reason they can't wrap their heads around the concept of having a stage in between shorts and pants. Similar issue with the capris though, I find they *usually* work better on ladies who are longer on the leg side.

I have curvy thighs and bottom (small waist), so often find capris flattering it seems.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member

giphy.gif

Gonna pass

It's Hammer Time

Is the OP 2 Legit 2 Quit?
  • Daiako
    pzi-jeans-5-ladies.jpg
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    pzi-jeans-5-ladies.jpg

Notice, longer legs, shorter torsos.
  • Daiako
    pzi-jeans-5-ladies.jpg

*nod*

This is basically my body type. I'm mostly leg, shorter torso, lots of booty. And thus skinny jeans look fab on me.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    pzi-jeans-5-ladies.jpg

*nod*

This is basically my body type. I'm mostly leg, shorter torso, lots of booty. And thus skinny jeans look fab on me.

Ditto... in fact I am wearing some today. :D
  • "Seek the fashion which truly fits and befits you. You will always be in fashion if you are true to yourself. You might, of course, rightly wear the style which is emblazoned on the fashion magazines of the day, or you might not."
    ~Maya Angelou (from "Getups")
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    "Seek the fashion which truly fits and befits you. You will always be in fashion if you are true to yourself. You might, of course, rightly wear the style which is emblazoned on the fashion magazines of the day, or you might not."
    ~Maya Angelou (from "Getups")

God I miss her.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Harem Pants are NOT "Hammer pants". Those are more like sarouelles. Harem pants are straight cut with elastic waist and ankles. They don't have the dropped crotch.
  • Daiako
    Harem Pants are NOT "Hammer pants". Those are more like sarouelles. Harem pants are straight cut with elastic waist and ankles. They don't have the dropped crotch.

Elastic waists are never, ever, allowed in my closet.