Ever had someone slashed your tires

I never had it happen to me but I hear it happen to some people.Is it because they had enemies or pissed off someone?

Replies

• jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    No. It's because they did nothing at all. Some people just have paying jobs as professional tire slashers. :)
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    No. It's because they did nothing at all. Some people just have paying jobs as professional tire slashers. :)

No,that would absolutely suck
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    In all seriousness, though. Yeah, usually because they've made some enemies or just pissed someone off. Either way, it's childish to destroy someone's property because they got their feelings hurt.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Yes, my sister.

Because when she called me a fatass, I hit her, and that was her retaliation. (we were 16/17)
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    All I know is that you should only slash three tires. If you slash all four, insurance will cover it. *whistles and walks out of thread*
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Nope, but somebody egged my car yesterday.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Yes. Even left the knife by the tire. Punk kid up the street back when I was also a punk kid.

I hit him with my car and shot at him with my pellet gun. He slashed one tire. I think I won.
  • All I know is that you should only slash three tires. If you slash all four, insurance will cover it. *whistles and walks out of thread*

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • I have never had anyone slash my tires, nor have I ever had the desire to slash anyone else's tires. I'm not at that level of crazy.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Nope. But yesterday there were 16 cars (yes, SIXTEEN) with slashed tires at the local monstrosity...er...I mean mall. Just add it to the list of reasons why I refuse to go there unless it is absolutely necessary.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    I have never had anyone slash my tires, nor have I ever had the desire to slash anyone else's tires. I'm not at that level of crazy.

Agreed. I think that type of thing is cowardly. If you have a problem with someone, confront them. Don't destroy property anonomously.
  • I have never had anyone slash my tires, nor have I ever had the desire to slash anyone else's tires. I'm not at that level of crazy.

Agreed. I think that type of thing is cowardly. If you have a problem with someone, confront them. Don't destroy property anonomously.

Or, leave them (if its an ex) and let your happiness without them be your retaliation.
  • I have had my bike tire slashed before... and that's the last time I had a job supervising middle schoolers.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    i was traveling once, no idea where now it was a road warrior job; but i got out of the hotel in the AM and found that TWO of my tires were slashed. and the front desk lady said "oh, yeah, i saw that on my way in" and you didn't think to call my room?? they had the plate on file! oh, and of course the cameras were broken.

so yeah, it was for no reason on ME. i'm sure they thought it was someone else's car...
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Not me, my dad, when he used to park in front of their house. Had some neighborhood kids that graduated from knocking over mailboxes, to breaking car windows, to slashing tires. They slashed something like 20 cars' worth one night and got spotted and arrested (finally). Don't know what happened to them after that, but their neighborhood is a lot more peaceful now.

I did have my convertible top slashed by a thief - in front of my parents' house, actually. He must have been disappointed when he realized the only thing in the car was a 5 yr old cell phone, but he took it anyway. This was back when cell phones didn't store anything but phone numbers, so he got a whole lot of nothing. I got to deal with the police and insurance. Fortunately, the repairs were covered.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Yea. When I was like 13. I let a friend borrow my bike and he wouldn't give it back and we got into an argument and when I went to go get it he was in the middle of cutting the tires up. So I put his head thru the back door of his house. Ahh to be young again
  • Yes. My ex husband slashed all 4 of mine. Twice.
  • YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    No, but my car was egg'd once lol
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Never, but they have keyed my car.