TLT- Wednesday Aug 27

AM- weights at the gym but wow, I really wanted to stay in bed this morning. Proud that I got up anyway.

I am finding that voice that lures me toward old habits is still there but there is a new voice that says- "Nope, that was the old way. Remember the plan."
It has become a mantra almost to me now.

Eating a lot of steamed veggies throughout the day is really helpful to me and fills me up a lot. But I realized yesterday, it isnt about fullness for me- it is about a craving and fulfilling it. After work I wanted something "sweet" and even though I go for something healthy usually- this time I stopped myself and thought- Are you hungry? If some steamed veggies were in front of you would you eat them to help your hunger? The answer was NO. I wasnt hungry. I was craving something sweet. I am stressed at work and granting myself a little something sweet makes me feel like I am caring for myself in some way. It is an old habit. And one that is time to put to rest.
Instead I got a cup of tea and read a magazine.

Planning my food has been really helpful for me this week as well. Last night I was reaching for something and my boyfriend said to me, "You look so beautiful. Your arms look so beautiful."
I think I am getting stronger and it is starting to show!

Replies

• mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    AM- weights at the gym but wow, I really wanted to stay in bed this morning. Proud that I got up anyway.

I am finding that voice that lures me toward old habits is still there but there is a new voice that says- "Nope, that was the old way. Remember the plan."
    It has become a mantra almost to me now.

Eating a lot of steamed veggies throughout the day is really helpful to me and fills me up a lot. But I realized yesterday, it isnt about fullness for me- it is about a craving and fulfilling it. After work I wanted something "sweet" and even though I go for something healthy usually- this time I stopped myself and thought- Are you hungry? If some steamed veggies were in front of you would you eat them to help your hunger? The answer was NO. I wasnt hungry. I was craving something sweet. I am stressed at work and granting myself a little something sweet makes me feel like I am caring for myself in some way. It is an old habit. And one that is time to put to rest.
    Instead I got a cup of tea and read a magazine.

Planning my food has been really helpful for me this week as well. Last night I was reaching for something and my boyfriend said to me, "You look so beautiful. Your arms look so beautiful."
    I think I am getting stronger and it is starting to show!
  • jamdblake4
    jamdblake4 Posts: 179
    you go girl, lets see you flex, you sound like you maybe becoming a health nut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    know to really rock your world I just found out that you body craves sweets after a workout because your blood sugar kind of drops. Vegs are great but maybe you don't have to fight so much. After your workout have some fruit planned, dryed fruit is real sweet almost like candy.

Mamakitty.......................... how are you doing today? and start plannig now for your weekend, remember the portion size when eating out is most of the time double. 8 in 8 you go to hit it hard you can do it!!!!!!!!!
  • mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    I am doing 100% better today. I got my butt out of bed to workout befor work. That always makes me feel better.
    Someone started a group to try Jillian Michael's 30 day shred video. So I think I am going to try that challenge for September. I will be something totally different from my normal.
    Honestly working out in not usually my problem. It is the diet. So I vow to focus on that.

Thursday- interval 60 minutes.

Have a great day.
    MK