I made it just over 1km!

Carrie6o6
Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
Last night when I got home from work, my brother and I decided to go for a jog. I havent jogged for months!! We went around the same block as usual which is exactly 1km before I could make it just over half way and I would almost be dying haha Now I jogged around it like nothing! Then 2 houses from mine (each with double lots) we sprinted home. I caught my breath and then jogged a bit further up the road and then walked back to my house. I have never jogged that far before!! :bigsmile: 1km isnt much, but at least I can do it now!! I think I may jog more often! but winter is coming soon :grumble:

Replies

• Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Last night when I got home from work, my brother and I decided to go for a jog. I havent jogged for months!! We went around the same block as usual which is exactly 1km before I could make it just over half way and I would almost be dying haha Now I jogged around it like nothing! Then 2 houses from mine (each with double lots) we sprinted home. I caught my breath and then jogged a bit further up the road and then walked back to my house. I have never jogged that far before!! :bigsmile: 1km isnt much, but at least I can do it now!! I think I may jog more often! but winter is coming soon :grumble:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    You go girl!!! :drinker:
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    I think its awesome... Kep up the good work!
  • mknipp
    mknipp Posts: 106
    Keep up the good work(out)!!! Oh, to be young again! I remember when I ran five miles around the track (as part of my black belt test!) I'd do well to jog ten minutes these days - even on the treadmill -- holding to the bars with all my might!!! :blushing: :blushing: ! (Be sure to get lots of calcium; osteoporosis is definitely no fun :sick: )

Congrats! :flowerforyou: You'll be running 5k before you know it! :love:
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    I think that is absolutely FABULOUS!

nice work! - and even though 1 km isn't "that long" you have to remember to take it in baby steps and slowly build up endurance! I would label you as crazy if you were not a runner and tried to do 5km right off the bat! haha
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    It's more than I can do, congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!