Biggest Weight Loser Blue Team 8/27

Good Morning BLUE TEAM. I hope everyone had a great day yesterday. I have had rain for two days now and it looks like it might rain again today. They are calling for it all week. I had to go to school yesterday and pick up one of my boys. My poor baby is sick. 2nd day of school and he is sick. They were afraid of whooping cough. There have been a couple of cases in our town and we live in a small town. I hope he is better today. I rubbed him in vicks and had the humidifier going or is it a vaporizer. I never know the difference between the two. All I know is its from vicks but does the cool mist with menthol.

Well after I got my other son off unto the bus I did 36 minutes of taebo this morning. Im getting a little better I went for 6 minutes longer today. and I burned a total of 544 calories. Yea me...... Can you tell I watch The Suite Life of Zach and Cody for those of you with kids LOL.

I bought some Deer Park water and I dont like the taste of it but I am drinking it right now until I buy some other water. We live off of a spring so wouldnt drink the water. But we did have a well dug last week just waiting on them to come in put the pump in then they said we could drink the water. OK well I have gone on and on this morning.

Connie

86258.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Good Morning BLUE TEAM. I hope everyone had a great day yesterday. I have had rain for two days now and it looks like it might rain again today. They are calling for it all week. I had to go to school yesterday and pick up one of my boys. My poor baby is sick. 2nd day of school and he is sick. They were afraid of whooping cough. There have been a couple of cases in our town and we live in a small town. I hope he is better today. I rubbed him in vicks and had the humidifier going or is it a vaporizer. I never know the difference between the two. All I know is its from vicks but does the cool mist with menthol.

Well after I got my other son off unto the bus I did 36 minutes of taebo this morning. Im getting a little better I went for 6 minutes longer today. and I burned a total of 544 calories. Yea me...... Can you tell I watch The Suite Life of Zach and Cody for those of you with kids LOL.

I bought some Deer Park water and I dont like the taste of it but I am drinking it right now until I buy some other water. We live off of a spring so wouldnt drink the water. But we did have a well dug last week just waiting on them to come in put the pump in then they said we could drink the water. OK well I have gone on and on this morning.

Connie

86258.png
  • Kirsti
    Kirsti Posts: 53
    Morning all!

My kids are beating the hell out of each other again :grumble: Boys!!!!! Thankfully their grandma will be here in an hour or so to pick them up for a day at the pool :wink: Then I'm putting the baby in the backpack, the dog on the leash and hitting up the trails! I also have to get to town to get my 30 day shed dvd today!

I have eaten breakfast and started on my water, so it's a start :laugh:
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Good morning all! Connie, well water is the best. Its what I grew up on and (mine at least) has absolutely no taste at all. To me dasani tastes like sucking on dimes. Anyway, I'm at work and there is nothing to do so I thought I'd say good morning to my blue team. It's raining here too so I didn't get to bike to work (45 minutes total when I do - huge calorie burn.) Maybe I'll turn on my turbo jam when I get home! RIGHTCROSSRIGHTKNEE!

YAY
  • connieq288
    I am going ot have to look turbo jam up. So many of you use that. Do you think a woman of my size could do it? I think if I were to ride a bike again I would probably just fall right off. I havent ridden one since I was a teenager.

Connie

86258.png
  • Good Morning Blue team. You ladies are rocking the excercise. I am doing good with my eating but I just can not motivate myself to work out. Oh well, baby steps.
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Well it kicks my *butt* pretty well and takes a bit of coordination. The good news is two of the dancers do modified exercises. You can always watch them for low impact and keep your movements small.
  • Kirsti
    Ohhhh turbo jam sounds cool! Is it anything like the tae bo? I have the full throttle amped version of the billy banks on and I can't get through the whole thing :embarassed: Although in my defense half the time it's cause the baby wakes up early from his nap :laugh:
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    I have the turbo jam, just have not had the energy in the morning yet to get up and do it. My husband started working night shift and I am having trouble sleeping alone. :sad: I miss him. So it is hindering my exercise program. :cry:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    I've never done Turbo Jam, but I believe it's similar to Tae Bo.

With modifications, there shouldn't be any exercise that the bigger people couldn't do - mostly be careful on your knees and watch your HR.
  • Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would chime in and see if anyone has tried Kathy Smith?
    I really like her, alot of those workout DVD's get on my nerves. :ohwell:

I also do a little bit of pilates and that keeps me from getting so bored.
    Well good luck everyone, have a great day. :smile:

53004.png
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Good Morning Blue team. You ladies are rocking the excercise. I am doing good with my eating but I just can not motivate myself to work out. Oh well, baby steps.

I'm with ya Ginabena!! I'm doing great with the eating but can't seem to get my butt out to exercise. I'm going to go buy that 30 Day Shred video and do the September challange. Maybe that will help. Gonna force myself to go for a hike with my dogs today too. It's been raining but I recently discovered that I don't melt!! Who would have guessed?!?! lol.:happy:
  • I want to do the 30 Day Shred challenge, but I know that my hubby will flip out if I buy one more tape. I was really focused with my excercise earlier in the summer so I bought a treadmill in July with all the intentions in the world to use it. Well that worked for several weeks and then life got in the way..... Maybe I should go get the 30 Day Shred and Sunibc you and I can motivate each other. I have to be challenged - I am a competetive person at heart.
  • Kirsti
    ginebeana - I just went and got the 30 day shed one at Walmart today for $10.... I'm gonna hide it in among the other numerous dvd's and hope my hubby doesn't notice it :laugh:
  • connieq288
    I want a big walmart. Mine sucks so bad. Its a supercenter but we dont have nothing in our store. I ordered 2 of the biggest losers dvd's from walmart.com before the 20th and Im still waiting on them. My walmart has 10 different exercise dvd's. I counted them. I bought the taebo amped to do until I get my other ones but I know the 30 day shred wasnt in my store.

Connie

86258.png
  • Sunibc22
    I want to do the 30 Day Shred challenge, but I know that my hubby will flip out if I buy one more tape. I was really focused with my excercise earlier in the summer so I bought a treadmill in July with all the intentions in the world to use it. Well that worked for several weeks and then life got in the way..... Maybe I should go get the 30 Day Shred and Sunibc you and I can motivate each other. I have to be challenged - I am a competetive person at heart.

I need all the motivation I can get so I'm IN if you want to work on it together. I still have to find the video though...I went a few places yesterday and couldn't find it. Hoping to get it today though and then start on Sept. 1st! There is another thread on here of a group that is doing the challange in September that I joined in on. You should too if your interested. Between Biggest Loser Challange and the 30 Day Shred Challange we should be dropping the pounds like no ones business...or at least the inches...who care what the scale says as long as our clothes fit better!!!....lol.
    Wish me luck on finding it today!

Shauna
    (a.k.a. Sunibc22)
  • Well if it's only $10, then I can justify that. If only I can find it, my local Wal-Mart does not have a big selection or variety of anything. If I can find it then I will try it out. Has anyone else tried it? I am not very coordinated, I can not keep up with Taebo or The Firm. Maybe I could if I put in a little more effort. But if I get frustrated with the moves then I give up. I love Walk Away The Pounds which I know is not strenuous but I enjoy it and always break a sweat- when I actually do it.
  • Kirsti
    I haven't tried it yet but I'll let you know how it is tomorrow! I also joined the 30 day shed challenge cause I figure that'll motivate me to exercise and then I'll do even better for this challenge :wink:
  • connieq288
    Well I just got my 2 biggest losers dvds in the mail today. Will do one of them tomorrow.
    I hope I can do them. I heard they were hard.

Connie
  • Sunibc22
    Ok...went out and bought the DVD today for the 30 Day Shred Challange. I think I burned as many calories as doing the DVD though!! Wow, was it hard to find. I went everywhere and was out of ideas where to look then the guy at Future Shop told me to check Londin Drugs. Sure enough....my last hope....they had it! It was 11.99 so a bit more than other places but oh well...now I can do the challange!
    Wish me luck!!
    Shauna:flowerforyou:
  • Hello everyone!!
    Sorry I have been absent lately. I've been saying goodbye to our friends on base who are being deployed this week and the remainder of the month.

I'm going to the doctor to get my thyroid checked and getting a diabetes test done too. Then we are going to be discussing my weight loss plan.
    I've decided to continue on my Turbo Jam tapes but I want to do the Body for Life Challenge.
    My sister did it a couple of years back and she looked good!! Then again she was skinny to start with she did it for the toning and blah blah blah!!

I'll keep you ladies posted on how my appointment went. Hopefully I don't have diabetes and my thyroid is just fine!
    :flowerforyou: