Tell us crazy diets that you or someone you know fell for

Replies

• aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    My college roommate got me on a faux weight watchers program for a few weeks.

and I tried the don't eat anything diet- but that didn't last long.

I've tried the don't eat anything diet too. Which is why I'm always trying to lose weight. This is the first time in years that I feel like I can do this forever.
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    I have a distant family member who is convinced that you cannot eat certain combinations of foods together. I believe she never combines carbohydrate with fat, but she can eat P+C or P+F, just not F+C.

lmao

One of our friends finds that he does not feel well if he has carbs and protein at the same meal (ie. steak and potatoes) so I think that's a personal preference. I find that I feel better if I don't eat gluten...

A friend and I did the cabbage soup diet in high school. We gave up some time before Day 3! I also did the T-Burn/Fat Attack Combo and lost a ton of weight in a short period of time. I gained the weight back, but that was over time. To this day, I still wish they'd bring back the formula that I took because it worked for me. I know, crazy!
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    My wife is a sucker for marketing ploys and quick fixes. She has bought countless diet pills, hydroxy cut, cleanse pills, etc.
  • HCG DIET IS A CROCK OF CRAP

It's starvation. 800 calories a day???? And pregnancy hormone? that hormone makes you want to eat /gain.
    She spent $1200 on this diet and yea she lost 28 lbs. But guess what, she didn't learn to eat properly or exercise and it all came back. That's AFTER lipo as well.
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    A buddy of mine did the Bulletproof diet for awhile. He told me he mixed a stick of grass fed butter into his morning coffee as part of the diet. He also talked about taking a bath in ice. Crazy.
  • that and atkins. you can't eat that much fat and things like bacon and eggs and not have side effects lol
  • tomich54
    tomich54 Posts: 99 Member
    My room mates did this one where they took a pill that had pregnancy hormones in it or something. Then they only ate lettuce and cheese for a week.
    Try baking in an apartment where two girls are imitating pregnancy with artificial hormones and starving themselves. I thought I was going to be murdered.

OMG! Hilarious! Can't stop laughing!!!!!!!!:laugh:
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    A buddy of mine did the Bulletproof diet for awhile. He told me he mixed a stick of grass fed butter into his morning coffee as part of the diet. He also talked about taking a bath in ice. Crazy.

A STICK of butter???
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member

A STICK of butter???

He may have used a half stick. Either way, it made my skin crawl just thinking about it.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member

I don't think it's supposed to be a whole stick LOL.

I have done Bulletproof coffee (I hate that name- it's so stupid) and i'ts meh- to much work honestly- but it's usually just a TBSP of Butter- and a TBSP of Coconut oil. (maybe 2 of each depending on your tastes) a whole stick is just- excessive LOL

:edit- not the "diet" I didn't know there was an official "diet"
    but I have tried the coffee- took me about 3 months to work up to it- it's like a latte- foamy- and tasty really- but not for me- it was just way to much effort- rather just have a cup of coffee.
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    My stepmom did the lemon, cayenne pepper and maple syrup cleanse when I was a senior in highschool and for kicks I did it for one day with her and it was hilarious because we tried to drink it so fast. I've never fad dieted but I am pretty sure every person at work as done one or another while we have worked together. And then they ask me how I am losing weight and eating exercise and moderation are not a good enough answer.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    I knew a girl in school who ate wads of toilet paper (unused) to keep her appetite down.

Emphasis added.

Thank you for that clarification.
  • jeanlake
    jeanlake Posts: 130 Member
    Special K diet. Had to stop. I was no longer socially acceptable.
  • My parents had a friend that went on the wine diet. Gained like 30 pounds in a month and was drunk as a skunk for all of it.
  • lindustum
    lindustum Posts: 212 Member
    I gotta say I'm boring. I did weight watchers. A can of Pringles was 16 points. I couldn't stop at half, so I grudgingly got on my bike and pedalled along until I had hit 40 minutes or whatever the book told me would give me 8 points back. Of course, no mention of actual effort. :smokin:
  • denise31992
    denise31992 Posts: 51 Member
    I personally have not really done any fad diets, although I will say in college I tried the juicing cleanse. Totally feel silly now.

I have known people who starve themselves and then eat 1 meal a day loaded with like 3000+ calories.

Although these are not diets...I have heard so many women at the gym trying those body shapers and the body wraps in hopes of losing weight. I have also known people who try massages to lose weight. So silly, really.
  • WenHurley
    WenHurley Posts: 166 Member
    I did a really crazy one.

I downloaded an app for my phone, THAT'S ALL, and next thing I know I'm fit and doing mud runs and surrounded by some of the strangest, craziest, most wonderful people I ever did meet.

That is a WEIRD diet!

That is crazy one!
  • 2bassets
    2bassets Posts: 193 Member
    Um, 3/4 of the American population falling for "Take our magic pill, drink our magic drink, eat 500 calories a day and run umpteen bajillion miles... You'll lose weight, guaranteed!"

But wait, there's more!

Buy now at $69.95 and we'll even throw in a SECOND mixer cup, a bonus bottle of Magic Burn 2000xUltra, and a handy tongue depressor to help you vomit those extra calories right on out!

Supplies are limited, but satisfaction is guaranteed.

*Superduper Conglomerate Greedomax Diet company cannot be held liable for heart failure, dehydration, anal seepage, constipation, cramps, spasms, sunny days, stubbed toes, puppies pissing on your carpet, or your inability to form coherent sentences after taking our dirt pill made in China and drinking our shake with powdered seaweed from the Fukushima coast.

**Results not typical. Most people will get sick and die using our product.

This is great!!!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Keto now that's crazy!
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    I have a distant family member who is convinced that you cannot eat certain combinations of foods together. I believe she never combines carbohydrate with fat, but she can eat P+C or P+F, just not F+C.

lmao

I actually remember my family members talking about and doing this!!