How early did you meet your SO's parents

_John_
_John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
I met mine's really before we were officially dating. We went fishing about a week after we met and she informed me that a Father's Day shindig got rescheduled the night before to the day she'd agreed to go with me.

It was sorta on our way home, so I said let's stop by there after we fish.

Replies

• _John_
    I couldn't fit "in your relationship" into that title, but that's what I meant for clarity.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    First date with my ex.

We went out in the afternoon and after hanging out all day - he tells me it's his brother's birthday and they're going out to celebrate with dinner.

One thing leads to another, and I end up at dinner with his parents, his brother, his brother's girlfriend and his best friend.

BTW - I was 20 at the time, he was 26.
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    I haven't. Flyin' solo AAYYOOO!
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    I hear rumor that they exist. After a couple decades, though, I'm skeptical.
  • _John_
    I haven't. Flyin' solo AAYYOOO!

tumblr_lhb8ersFRu1qfmo8t.jpg
  • _BlueGreyGreen_
    _BlueGreyGreen_ Posts: 943 Member
    We started dating at 14, so pretty much right away as we needed them to drive
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    We did not get married until after our son was born, his parents didn't even know we were dating until I went into labor. I asked him at the hospital if he told his parents yet, he said not yet. They lived in Alaska and we were in SC, so it was unlikely we'd run into them. I actually met them a year later when we flew to AK. By then we were married and I was expecting another little one. We've been together 16 years now.
  • La_Malfaisante
    La_Malfaisante Posts: 1,509 Member
    Way too early
  • SheGlows
    SheGlows Posts: 520 Member
    tumblr_inline_ms82o5Ec2V1qz4rgp.jpg
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    We knew each other for about a year (were in a relationship about 8 months) before I met his mother. The same weekend I met his brother and sister plus spouses and their children. He doesn't have a relationship with his father so that'll likely never happen.

He'll never meet my parents because one is dead and the other may as well be as far as I'm concerned. He has met one of my sisters and my nieces. Possibly may meet my other sister and her family this winter.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    Ahhhhh wow...I think it might have been 3 months? I met my man's brother though on the second or third date.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    My husband and I were dating less than a month when I brought him home for Thanksgiving (since he claimed to not have any plans and I love Thanksgiving and couldn't stand the thought of anyone being alone for my favorite holiday). So he met my parents, my brother and several family friends who always came to celebrate with my folks.

I met his parents, and siblings, and grandfather a few weeks later. But I was most concerned with meeting his dog (who was living with his parents since his building didn't allow pets). I figured if the sheepdog didn't like me, I was doomed. So I made sure to bring a gift for "Bob"...one of those rope chew toys with a pice of rawhide on one end and some sort of hoof or something on the other. He loved it, and the dog and I hit it off splendidly. The rest is history.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    I met her father before I met my SO herself. Who else am I suppose to buy her from?
  • Apparently 9 years before we got together, they were supporting him at a local music gig and I was there enjoying the gig (at the time we were friends) and we were introduced.
    Officially it was a month before we started going out, for certain reasons they only knew we were friends until we were 'official' after I broke up with an ex.
  • SheGlows
    SheGlows Posts: 520 Member
    tumblr_inline_ms82o5Ec2V1qz4rgp.jpg

same

tumblr_l9frp4JFeK1qbddmv.png
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Fairly early on I met his Father, stepmother and grandmother. We were on our way back from a day out at the beach, and his Father's house was 'on the way' to take me back to my place.
    He just decided to drop in. I nearly died of fright.
    I was 16 at the time, he was 22. I was already a bit self concious about our age difference, but turning up for an official visit in a singlet, flip flops and a very small cheesecloth skirt that just covered my butt really didn't help.