newbie checkin wed 27th

Good Morning!

this day number 9 for me...were is everybody else at? So far ive lost 2lbs!(yay)

I hurt my back somehow yesterday:grumble: :grumble: ...it happened last year too,around spring and the doctor said it was a muscle hernia:frown: . Sure does hurt like H*ll:sad:

Anyways,needless to say,no workout for me today and i have to stay at my lowest cals:sad:

Well,i hope there are some other people that checkin her today...i could really use the support! Ive still got atleast 25lbs to lose.

Be back later!

Replies

• punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Good Morning!

this day number 9 for me...were is everybody else at? So far ive lost 2lbs!(yay)

I hurt my back somehow yesterday:grumble: :grumble: ...it happened last year too,around spring and the doctor said it was a muscle hernia:frown: . Sure does hurt like H*ll:sad:

Anyways,needless to say,no workout for me today and i have to stay at my lowest cals:sad:

Well,i hope there are some other people that checkin her today...i could really use the support! Ive still got atleast 25lbs to lose.

Be back later!
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Hang in there. I've had the occasional back problem too - not fun. Try ice and an anti-inflammatory (which means eating - oh well). Hopefully, you can distract yourself and avoid eating that way. Talk on phone, computer, tv, read, anything your back can tolerate. Good luck.
  • wender
    wender Posts: 38
    Wow! 2 pounds. Hope I can lose some this week. I'm only on day 3. I ended up blowing Day 1 at dinner, but did better yesterday. So far, today is going great.

I'm sorry about your back. I know how painful it is. I had a similar injury that would recur every year around Thanksgiving. I don't know what I did to cause it, but the only thing that helped was ice and meds.

Remember, this isn't a diet, it's a new way of living. Throughout our lives, things will come up that send us off track a little, but we just have to do our best. Stay focused on your goal and, if you do go over while your healing, don't worry about it. Just pick yourself up and keep going. I'm proud of you for exercising! I don't exercise-Ugh! I know I need to, just haven't gotten my head around it yet. Yesterday I did have to walk about 10 blocks downtown, so I did get some in.

I'll say a prayer for you that your healing is quick and complete.
  • punka274
    Hang in there. I've had the occasional back problem too - not fun. Try ice and an anti-inflammatory (which means eating - oh well). Hopefully, you can distract yourself and avoid eating that way. Talk on phone, computer, tv, read, anything your back can tolerate. Good luck.

Thank you....my biggest problem is when im alone,after the kids have gone to bed. Thats when i usually dive into the fridge but ive been doing better! So far no cheats. Ive been watching Grey's Anatomy(never seem before and so i thought i would start) My husband works at night so im by myself until he gets home.

Wender-I too blew day one, so i had to start over agian the next day...kinda psyched myself out! I started dieting and working out about three years ago so im kinda use to it all. Ive been stuck at a certian weight for over a year now so thats what sent me here! I think maybe i haven't been eating enough and my binging at night was just sabotaging my efferts during the week. plus im like an exercise fein so i was probably way below my lowest cals here(forget what ther called..) Thank you for your prayers and good luck to you too!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    I lost 7 lbs this first week but I quit drinking my sodas cold turkey so alot of it was probably water weight. Along with the fact that I cut back 800 to 1000 calories in just doing that a day. WOW I never realized how much I was ingesting with just those. I am sure that will probably be my only real big weight loss in one week thing though. I also went from no exercising to doing at least 30 minutes everyday although I did an hour on Saturday and Sunday. I did rest yesterday and was in a bad mood last night. I wonder if one had anything to do with the other. I felt lazy yesterday because I didnt exercise. Oh well, THey say to give your body one day of rest so I figured my weigh in day would be a good day.

Connie

86258.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • punka274
    I lost 7 lbs this first week but I quit drinking my sodas cold turkey so alot of it was probably water weight. Along with the fact that I cut back 800 to 1000 calories in just doing that a day. WOW I never realized how much I was ingesting with just those. I am sure that will probably be my only real big weight loss in one week thing though. I also went from no exercising to doing at least 30 minutes everyday although I did an hour on Saturday and Sunday. I did rest yesterday and was in a bad mood last night. I wonder if one had anything to do with the other. I felt lazy yesterday because I didnt exercise. Oh well, THey say to give your body one day of rest so I figured my weigh in day would be a good day.

Connie

86258.png

Way to go Connie...7lbs is so exciting!!!! I always give myself two days of rest days a week! Sunday is one and one during the weekend! Today iam taking a rest day because of my back but i hopt iam able to alteast walk the rest of the week! I did a full body strength train yesterday!

ok,ive got a conffesion,I know i said earlier that i had no cheats so far but i was kinda feeling sorry for myself yesterday(stupid back) and i had a little binge....i wonder if i should try and shed some of those calories off my next couple of days? Like i went over(and this is embarring to admit:embarassed: ) 700 calories...im going to try and cut my calorie intake by 200, everyday until saturday ....that would be 600 out of that 700 i ate! Im trying not to beat myself up about but dangit...im doing so good so far:ohwell:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Well I just did the taebo amped for 36 minutes and burned 544 calories according to my heart monitor so it didnt take me long. Of course I weigh alot and so I would burn more than you but do a really good cardio workout in one day and you should at least have half of those burned.

COnnie

86258.png
  • punka274
    Well I just did the taebo amped for 36 minutes and burned 544 calories according to my heart monitor so it didnt take me long. Of course I weigh alot and so I would burn more than you but do a really good cardio workout in one day and you should at least have half of those burned.

COnnie

86258.png

Oh man,I wish i could do a cardio today but that would be hard with my back:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

What kind of HRM do you have? I really need to get one so i know exactly how many cals i burned! I may do a cardio tommorrow if my back is better(keep your fingers crossed for me)

I almost forgot....HIGH FIVES ON YOUR WORKOUT...i wish i could get into kickbox type workout but im not 'feeling' them...i prefer step aerobics,running,powerwalking for cardio. Great job Connie!
  • keepnfaith
    keepnfaith Posts: 34 Member
    Hi everyone,
    Ok here goes, I just started 3 days ago also and I went over on my first dinner too! It said I shoud consume 1500+ a few calories a day, so that is the minimum or the maxiumum caloric intake? I thought it was the maximum? Now I am confusing my own self! :frown:
    Can you give me a clue?
    :blushing: just al lil embarrassed here
  • keepnfaith
    Way to go Connie, I thought I was in pretty good shape but I am NOT!! I think it would kill me to do 15 minutes of Taebo let alone 36!!!!!
    YAY FOR CONNIE :bigsmile:
  • I started 3 days ago, too. I didn't use the recommended calorie calculator, but instead set my own to 1500. I'm doing good so far. I went over my calorie allowance yesterday (even with exercise cals added in) because I was munchy last night. The reason for that, I think, is because I didn't eat a good enough snack before going to the gym. Gonna try to eat a better one before going today and see if that helps.

Good luck to you all! WE CAN DO THIS!
  • Way to go Connie, I thought I was in pretty good shape but I am NOT!! I think it would kill me to do 15 minutes of Taebo let alone 36!!!!!
    YAY FOR CONNIE :bigsmile:

I lost a bunch of weight 3 years ago. In the beginning, it took me forever to be able to get through 30 minutes of even the Basic workout, lol! I remember getting angry and yelling at Billy through the TV to shut up, lol! The more I did it the easier it got, though.
  • Well I just did the taebo amped for 36 minutes and burned 544 calories according to my heart monitor so it didnt take me long. Of course I weigh alot and so I would burn more than you but do a really good cardio workout in one day and you should at least have half of those burned.

COnnie

WOW! Way to go Connie!
  • punka274
    Hi everyone,
    Ok here goes, I just started 3 days ago also and I went over on my first dinner too! It said I shoud consume 1500+ a few calories a day, so that is the minimum or the maxiumum caloric intake? I thought it was the maximum? Now I am confusing my own self! :frown:
    Can you give me a clue?
    :blushing: just al lil embarrassed here

Hey! From what i gather what is reccomended is your maxiumum and if you excersice and log it in, your calories will go up depending how many calories you burn during your workout! My goal is set at 1 lb per a week so thats makes my daily calorie amount 1590,then if I workout it jumps up anywhere form 1800-2100!

LovelyLady- I too went over yesterday because of the mood i was in:grumble: Great job with going to the gym! I workout at home! Usaully five days a week,sometimes six!

I was kinda worried that nobody would check in but im glad to see you all:happy: :happy:

I hope iam able to workout tommorrow...hopefully I can!
  • LovelyLady- I too went over yesterday because of the mood i was in:grumble: Great job with going to the gym! I workout at home! Usaully five days a week,sometimes six!

I was kinda worried that nobody would check in but im glad to see you all:happy: :happy:

Yeah, going to the gym should be easy because it's only about 20 seconds (literally) up the street from my house! Still, though, I really want to buy myself a treadmill and/or a stationary bike.

Oh and you don't have to worry about me checking in. I LOVE to talk, lol!
  • I've just discovered the blogs here! Here's the link to mine: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/LovelyLady1977
  • punka274
    LovelyLady- I too went over yesterday because of the mood i was in:grumble: Great job with going to the gym! I workout at home! Usaully five days a week,sometimes six!

Yeah, going to the gym should be easy because it's only about 20 seconds (literally) up the street from my house! Still, though, I really want to buy myself a treadmill and/or a stationary bike.

Oh and you don't have to worry about me checking in. I LOVE to talk, lol!

LOL I Like to talk too...add that with two cups of coffee(like in the mornings) and boy oh boy! I wish I had a gym close....I live in the counrty. ive got a treadmill,some free weights and different workout equipment that ive been collecting over the years. Got some workout Dvds too.... My dream is to oneday have my own little workout room....mmmmmmmm, sounds like heaven! To just shut the door(and the world outside it) and sweat it out! My husband thinks im a freak,LOL! But us workout chicks know the satisfaction of a good workout:wink:
  • punka274
    I've just discovered the blogs here! Here's the link to mine: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/LovelyLady1977

thanks,i'll check it out! Ive got to go get my kids in the bath tub....I'll bb in the morning:happy:
  • keepnfaith
    Thank you Lovely, so I will one day be able to exercise for the duration without feeling like I am going to keel over?!!
    Nice to know so may other people have gone through the hard part so people like me know we crawl now but will soon be up and running!!!
    :flowerforyou: Caren