Hello New Here! :)

Hi,
Just joined up yesterday and am excited to find this site! I've love over 150 lbs. in the last 1 1/2 years from changing to healthy eating (mostly organic when I can) and working out at the gym 5-6 days a week.

I've also recently made the change to eat every 3 hours to keep my blood sugars level and the metabolism rolling along through out the day and what an amazing change that has on my mood and energy levels! :)

I really LOVE to workout...I know some think that's a crazy statement but it's become something I can see so much progress in, as I used to be very much isolated and have become much more social with all the everyday contact I now have.

Not only a loss in lbs. but in looking back at even taking a tour of the large establishment and thinking to myself.. "OMG how am I even going to make this walking tour?" lol I I zip around the building all the time now and sorta laugh to myself as I recall the things that were soooo difficult when I first started there last Summer.

I do strength training and water aerobics, enjoy Yoga, and am always finding more things to try out that I enjoy.

I still have quite a number of lbs. to go to meet goal but I look at the changes thus far and how much more mobility, self esteem, flexibity, confidence and desire for social interactions and I realize I'm well on my way.

To me motivation has been the most important thing to keep me going, knowing my workout buddies I've met at the gym are all going to be heading in even if they are tired, not motivated etc..on a particular day really helps me stay motivated.

Can't wait to jump into some of the groups.

Thanks for being here all what a super site! :)

Fitness_Girl

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Hi,
    Just joined up yesterday and am excited to find this site! I've love over 150 lbs. in the last 1 1/2 years from changing to healthy eating (mostly organic when I can) and working out at the gym 5-6 days a week.

I've also recently made the change to eat every 3 hours to keep my blood sugars level and the metabolism rolling along through out the day and what an amazing change that has on my mood and energy levels! :)

I really LOVE to workout...I know some think that's a crazy statement but it's become something I can see so much progress in, as I used to be very much isolated and have become much more social with all the everyday contact I now have.

Not only a loss in lbs. but in looking back at even taking a tour of the large establishment and thinking to myself.. "OMG how am I even going to make this walking tour?" lol I I zip around the building all the time now and sorta laugh to myself as I recall the things that were soooo difficult when I first started there last Summer.

I do strength training and water aerobics, enjoy Yoga, and am always finding more things to try out that I enjoy.

I still have quite a number of lbs. to go to meet goal but I look at the changes thus far and how much more mobility, self esteem, flexibity, confidence and desire for social interactions and I realize I'm well on my way.

To me motivation has been the most important thing to keep me going, knowing my workout buddies I've met at the gym are all going to be heading in even if they are tired, not motivated etc..on a particular day really helps me stay motivated.

Can't wait to jump into some of the groups.

Thanks for being here all what a super site! :)

Fitness_Girl
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Welcome, with all your success, I'm sure you'll be a good resource for the group.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    That is amazing!!! You're going to be an inspiration to us here!!:flowerforyou:

hugs and you go girl!:drinker:
    Ali
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Welcome. Sounds like you are well on your way to acheiving your goals. Keep it up and you'll love this site!!:flowerforyou:
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Welcome,welcome:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

So glad you're here!
    Ezzie