Insanity!

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone is starting or has recently started insanity?
Looking for some people to kinda work with and hold each other accountable..

Replies

• I'm currently on day 9 :-) feel free to add me!
  • Ems500c
    Ems500c Posts: 153 Member
    I'm on day 6, you can add me also if you would like!
  • RET68
    RET68 Posts: 88
    Let me know how it goes, ya'll. I'm in the pool now, but planning for colder weather. Do you think Insanity is hard on the knees, and ankles?
  • I tried. I did it for four days and pulled the muscles in the bottom of my feet. I mentioned it on another message board and a fitness instructor explained to me that Shaun T.'s videos do not have adequate warm-up for most people, so pulled muscles are common. People blame it on themselves, when in reality, it's the work out.

I'm not saying you'll pull a muscle, I'm saying a warm up before each video wouldn't be a bad idea, and be careful. Safety first.
  • Ems500c
    Ems500c Posts: 153 Member
    Bethany_91 - Thanks for the information, that's something that I defiantly did not know about the DVD's, I usually just jump right in! :smile:
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Always stretch thoroughly. And remember to always choose correct form over speed. A lot of injuries could be avoided by doing those two things.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Let me know how it goes, ya'll. I'm in the pool now, but planning for colder weather. Do you think Insanity is hard on the knees, and ankles?

My initial answer would be "yes", it is definitely hard on the ankles and knees.......some of the jumping can even put strain on the lower back. That is my experience, other's experiences may differ.
  • I'm starting Monday! I have Hip Hop Abs and even though I've heard Insanity is very intense, I can't wait.
  • klmab9
    klmab9 Posts: 15 Member
    I'm doing a mix of Insanity/T25/PiYO. I've done full rounds of Insanity and T25- love them! Just starting PiYO. Feel free to add me. :)