Advice Needed please help !!!

Hi everyone I'm new to this. I'm looking for anyone willing to have a look at my diary for food and exercise and make any suggestions. I'm currently losing weight but I'm starting to slow down. I've read about eating above my BMW but they all say 1800 whilst MFP has my calorie goal at 1600.

I'm 18 St 2 pounds and 5 foot 5 inches

I exercise around 30 mins a day and currently doing now coach to 5 know ( week 9) just started :)

Replies

• I'm looking for any advice with what I've eaten and I'm looking for new friends to help with motivation so please feel free to add me and message me
  • tweetsmom
    tweetsmom Posts: 31 Member
    Hi Adamkula! As requested, I took a look at your food and exercise diary. First, you must be single or have an extremely supportive partner - 2 1/2 hours exercise! wow! I can't find time for 15 minutes let alone 2 1/2 hours! LOL

I only looked at 9/12, 9/13 and 9/14 diary, so my advice is limited to what is on these days. From what I see, it looks like you eat a lot of pre-made foods. Not sure where you live but I don't recognize the food brands so I may be wrong. Are you tracking your sodium? If not, you may want to add it as one of your trackable nutrients on MFP to make sure you're not getting too much, which will cause water retention and can slow your weight loss. Speaking of water, I assume you are getting at least 8 glasses in per day, especially with all that exercise!

I would also recommend getting more fruits and vegetables in at breakfast and lunch. This will help you feel fuller longer and decrease your snacking, which seemed quite high one of the days. An apple, grapefruit, grapes or orange with breakfast and cut up veggies with low fat dip or a salad to go along with a healthy protein for lunch. Suggested snacks would be string cheese, peanut butter, multigrain crackers. Are you measuring everything you eat? If not, I would recommend getting a food scale. You'd be surprised how different a serving looks when you actually measure it! And me, I like to make sure I'm getting every ounce of what I'm logging! :)

Make the most of the carbs you are eating by choosing whole grain products. These will also keep you fuller longer because it takes longer for your body to break them down. Perhaps balancing the number of carbs at each meal will also help. As a diabetic, I aim for 45-65 grams carbs per meal and 15-20 grams per snack. I don't worry so much about my calories, though I try to stay close to what is recommended, because the carbs are what I need to be more concerned about. I do find that, when I follow these guidelines, I'm not usually "starving" for the next meal.

Hope this info is helpful to you. I sent a friend request. Do with it what you like! :)

Best of luck,
    Tweetsmom
  • Lol some of that exercise was done at night time but I normally get 30 mins to an hour by giving up my free time.

I do eat quite a lot of pre packaged stuff but I do count my calories but I agree I think I need a lot more fruit up to recently I was eating a few bananas a day.

Salt I will be honest I don't really count so with water retention I better have a look at.

The thankyou for the advice it's not easy allowing your food to be looked at but I think I need all the help I can get

Thankyou :)
  • I'll get some scales I tend to guess apart from tinned food I can see how much I'm having.

I used to have very little snacks ( go back 3 - 4 weeks ) but I've been worried that I'm not eating enough - however I think like you said some fruits will help with that :)
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    At 5'5" you should be between 115 - 145 pounds.
    Not sure how many "stone" that is.
    That food portion calculator works in English or metric (for weight & height).

To get to 145 lb, eat 1450 calories per day.
    Ignore "net" or exercise calories.
  • I'm 254 pounds :)

And thank you for advice and links really appreciated :)
  • At 5'5" you should be between 115 - 145 pounds.
    Not sure how many "stone" that is.
    That food portion calculator works in English or metric (for weight & height).

To get to 145 lb, eat 1450 calories per day.
    Ignore "net" or exercise calories.

Sorry mate I'm 254 pounds