New Here

Hello My name is Matthew. I just found out a few weeks ago from my doctor that I need to change my horrible diet. Or I am on the verge of Diabetes. I used to eat whatever I wanted like cheeseburgers, fried chicken sandwiches. My wife and I both do not like to cook so we would always eat out every meal. So now I have changed my diet, we still eat out all the time except instead of cheeseburgers and friend chicken I will eat a salad or grilled chicken sandwich.
I have completely cut out soda and all other drinks like ice tea. I will only drink water. I already lost 15 pounds and hope to down to 220 or less.
I am on here to meet new people to find encouragement and to encourage others. If I can do it, anyone can.

Matthew

Replies

• Hello My name is Matthew. I just found out a few weeks ago from my doctor that I need to change my horrible diet. Or I am on the verge of Diabetes. I used to eat whatever I wanted like cheeseburgers, fried chicken sandwiches. My wife and I both do not like to cook so we would always eat out every meal. So now I have changed my diet, we still eat out all the time except instead of cheeseburgers and friend chicken I will eat a salad or grilled chicken sandwich.
    I have completely cut out soda and all other drinks like ice tea. I will only drink water. I already lost 15 pounds and hope to down to 220 or less.
    I am on here to meet new people to find encouragement and to encourage others. If I can do it, anyone can.

Matthew
  • LREheart
    LREheart Posts: 31
    Keep up the good work! You are doing awesome!!

<3
  • rosiesantos7
    rosiesantos7 Posts: 137 Member
    Keep it up...you can do it

Rosie
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    welcome! :smile: this is a great site with great people. good luck. :smile:
  • DrAlex08
    DrAlex08 Posts: 15
    Hello and Welcome!

That's awesome that you've made these changes for your health. That's the same reason I'm here. I knew I needed to lose a few but now I'm having problems with my blood pressure, so I really gotta do something.

Good Luck and Keep up the good work! :smile:
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Wonderful....sounds like you have all the motivation you need....keep it up! :drinker: