I HIT MY GOAL! Lessons learned...

lizard9800
lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
I am happy to report that in the 9-10 months that I have been using MFP I have lost 43 lbs and 15 inches! I hit my goal weight (actually surpassed it by 1 lb) yesterday. Trust me, this site works wonders!
Unfortunately I don't have any good before pictures, but my profile picture shows pants that fit me when I started. I went from a size 14 to a size 8.:drinker:

My general food menu was oatmeal with ground flaxseed and blueberries for breakfast, hardboiled egg or fruit for snack, frozen lunch (time constraint), more fruit for snack, small pre-workout snack of cottage cheese or banana, big salad for dinner with homemade bread or small portions of something else combined with lots of veggies. I drank a lot of water and green tea. And I never made myself miserable by completely restricting certain foods, which I think was key for me because I never felt like binging. I still had a small piece of Dove chocolate for dessert at lunch. I had 100 calorie popcorn bags during movies at home. I typically had light beer or wine with dinner. I went out to eat once a week with friends to "jump start my metabolism". Of course I had days that I went over, but never more than 500 calories, and I made up for it the next day. I tried to log all my food in the morning so I knew what kind of snacks I could have, and what kind of a workout I should do. I started with low calories and bumped them up at each plateau (and it worked everytime!!) Now I don't really log much anymore, mainly because I can spout calorie info like the best of them, but I will never delete this site from my Favorites list.:laugh:

During the winter I was out cross country skiing or I was in the basement on the elliptical, treadmill or doing cardio videos. Once it warmed up I started hiking A LOT and got a personal trainer to help with toning and strenghening. I started to like running:noway: , and I am looking into buying a road bike. I was doing 6 days a week, and now I am to the point where I can do 3-4 days to maintain which is nice. I feel like I have my life back. And the biggest key was the Polar heart rate monitor I bought. So incredibly helpful for outdoors activities, and to find out the gym machines always overestimate for me.

I have been extremely lucky to have a very supportive fiance throughout everything. He endured all the countless salads, food measuring, pricier food bill, extra workout equipment and babbling about MFP. And he took it like a champ - of course, he does like the results a lot!!:tongue:

I wish everyone the success that I have had. I will still continue checking in with the MFP family on a regular basis to see others results and because I learn something new everytime. The information shared on this site is amazing! Thanks to Mike and everyone else. Keep up the good work, and keep off the lbs!

Liz:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    I am happy to report that in the 9-10 months that I have been using MFP I have lost 43 lbs and 15 inches! I hit my goal weight (actually surpassed it by 1 lb) yesterday. Trust me, this site works wonders!
    Unfortunately I don't have any good before pictures, but my profile picture shows pants that fit me when I started. I went from a size 14 to a size 8.:drinker:

My general food menu was oatmeal with ground flaxseed and blueberries for breakfast, hardboiled egg or fruit for snack, frozen lunch (time constraint), more fruit for snack, small pre-workout snack of cottage cheese or banana, big salad for dinner with homemade bread or small portions of something else combined with lots of veggies. I drank a lot of water and green tea. And I never made myself miserable by completely restricting certain foods, which I think was key for me because I never felt like binging. I still had a small piece of Dove chocolate for dessert at lunch. I had 100 calorie popcorn bags during movies at home. I typically had light beer or wine with dinner. I went out to eat once a week with friends to "jump start my metabolism". Of course I had days that I went over, but never more than 500 calories, and I made up for it the next day. I tried to log all my food in the morning so I knew what kind of snacks I could have, and what kind of a workout I should do. I started with low calories and bumped them up at each plateau (and it worked everytime!!) Now I don't really log much anymore, mainly because I can spout calorie info like the best of them, but I will never delete this site from my Favorites list.:laugh:

During the winter I was out cross country skiing or I was in the basement on the elliptical, treadmill or doing cardio videos. Once it warmed up I started hiking A LOT and got a personal trainer to help with toning and strenghening. I started to like running:noway: , and I am looking into buying a road bike. I was doing 6 days a week, and now I am to the point where I can do 3-4 days to maintain which is nice. I feel like I have my life back. And the biggest key was the Polar heart rate monitor I bought. So incredibly helpful for outdoors activities, and to find out the gym machines always overestimate for me.

I have been extremely lucky to have a very supportive fiance throughout everything. He endured all the countless salads, food measuring, pricier food bill, extra workout equipment and babbling about MFP. And he took it like a champ - of course, he does like the results a lot!!:tongue:

I wish everyone the success that I have had. I will still continue checking in with the MFP family on a regular basis to see others results and because I learn something new everytime. The information shared on this site is amazing! Thanks to Mike and everyone else. Keep up the good work, and keep off the lbs!

Liz:flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Liz!!! Way to go!!!! I am so proud of you! :drinker:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Wow, fabulous job! You look great :) I always love a good inspirational tale of weight loss. I can't imagine how u must feel to be DONE needing to lose weight! lol
  • tweety3
    tweety3 Posts: 118
    AWESOME!! What an inspiration!!!!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Fantastic! Way to go!!! That's such a wonderful accomplishment!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Wow!! It is very inspirational! great job!! So proud of you!! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • Awesome! Way to go, Girl! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    That rocks! Thanks for taking the time to share too. I'll have to channel your good energy to reach my goal...ENJOY your new and improved body!
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Thanks for sharing your sucsess, Liz. Great to see somebody' s achievements- gives hope to rest of us:flowerforyou:
  • That's awesome!!! Way to go chica!!
  • mdrk
    mdrk Posts: 11 Member
    Wow ! Congrats. I just joined this site and I hope i can say the same one day.
  • Just curious.......when you say you hit a plateau you bumped up your caloric intake. I have a feeling I am taking in too few cals. What did you add to your diet to get more calories? By the way, congrats!
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    ((Happy dance))
    ((Cartwheel))

Happy days and congratulations to you.
    Good job!
  • SkinnyMama
    SkinnyMama Posts: 146
    WOW! I hope that I can say that in a few more months! Thanks for the inspiration, you look great!:flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    What an inspiration!! Thanks for sharing with us. I can't wait til I hit my goal. Congratulations. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    :drinker: CONGRADULATIONS:drinker:
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Woot!!!
  • WAY TO GO!!! I'm doing the happy dance for ya!!!
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    WoW Liz!!! thank you for posting this....I am looking to loose the same....and would looove to be a size 9 again!
    again THANK YOU its so nice to read stuff like this:flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Woohoo!!! Congratulations! You make it sound easy! :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!