Facial tattoos...

Replies

• ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    I used to date this guy and his buddy's girlfriend had vampire teeth capped over her eye teeth and had a blood drop tattooed under her bottom lip. I judged. I am still judging.

hee hee, I like you.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Only idiots get facial tattoos.
  • ValGogo
    Five Fingers....
    Skinny Jeans....
    Cauliflower is my favorite veggie....

OMG "skinny jeans." I totally get you.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    This thread really made me think about how we measure success. That usually brings to mind big power, big money, corporate/hospital/legal high level jobs which of course require you to be fairly conservative. Then I think about Mark Z and his hoodie obsession and I'm sure there are other companies/industries out there where you can be more of a free spirit. But as someone else pointed out, we are still a very conservative society as a whole (USA, that is) and part of that is due to our comparitively young age and history. I've seen tats and piercings become much more accepted, just in the last 10 years or so but facial and hand tats are still seen as fairly extreme. #braindump :)

I could see getting a neck or behind the ear tat, at least for women. You can cover those pretty easily with long enough hair and then pull it up when you want to show them. My tats are both on my back - very easily hidden and only peak out if I wear certain things but no one (besides my folks) has every said an unkind word about them to me.
  • ValGogo
    you probably own khakis don't you

problem?

e61dec9608ba8e817919a03507dcb7fa.jpg

Who is that delicious stick of deliciousness?
  • ValGogo
    you probably own khakis don't you

problem?

e61dec9608ba8e817919a03507dcb7fa.jpg

am i suppose to find him appealing?

If you want? The pic was a response to your comment about the khakis being something only a vanilla person would wear.

LOL, I so agree on the khakis sentiment, unless it's cargo khakis combined with a Combichrist shirt and some combat boots. Sprinkle in some tattoos and phew, I'll sit in this corner fanning myself, lol.

Yeah, I have to agree about those pat statements. I don't like them. OK sometimes they may apply but it only works if one actually KNOWS what the other person is like.

It's like me asking the person with the adorable hamster picture if they are a 12 year old girl. (I LOVE THAT HAMSTER LICKING THE GLASS PIC, BY THE WAY) :)
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Here's a tattoo of 3 faces. Or maybe just one face three times. or... idk.

Three_Face_Tattoo-m.jpg

Also, why does Jesus always look so worried in tattoos?
  • I used to date this guy and his buddy's girlfriend had vampire teeth capped over her eye teeth and had a blood drop tattooed under her bottom lip. I judged. I am still judging.

um... what is/are eye teeth?!? Should I be afraid??
  • ValGogo
    Only idiots get facial tattoos.

Unless you're a Maori....
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member

I worked as a CSR for a vet too. When I was hired they told me right away I had to take my lip ring out at work and I was okay with that. After about 2 weeks working there I was then told that my blue nail polish (which matched my scrubs) made the clients uncormfortable. It was just blue, no bling or anything crazy.

So for some reason I had to take my nail polish off but it was okay for another girl who worked mainly in the back but came up to the front go pick up/deliver the animals multiple times a day to have huge gages, visable tattoos, several facail peircings, and half her head shaved.

I don't work there anymore. I work with sailors/retired sailors and no one cares about my visable tattoos, let alone what color I paint my nails.

Now see. I couldn't work for someone who didn't like blue nail polish. That's just crazy.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    I used to date this guy and his buddy's girlfriend had vampire teeth capped over her eye teeth and had a blood drop tattooed under her bottom lip. I judged. I am still judging.

Canine teeth.
  • ValGogo

hahahaha!

Eye teeth are are those superfluous teeth that grow over your canines (the teeth that would be sharp if we were wild animals)

I think they are actually your canines as well.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member

It's another name for canine teeth. The pointy ones... right between the molars and the lateral incisors. Also known as a cuspid.

http://www.faqs.org/health-encyc/Skin-Hair-and-Teeth/Tooth-Decay-Types-of-teeth.html
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    I don't judge people with facial tattoos. I just wonder how they make a living . . .

I've thought of this too until I met a guy that used to come into work all the time a few years back. He has his head shaved and has tattoos all over his head and face. Unsurprisingly, he owns a local tattoo/piercing shop. Anyway, he is one of the nicest guys I've ever met (his wife is very sweet too) and he his an amazing father from what I saw, though I can't help but watch in disgust as other people (ones that don't know him) look at him like he is the scum of the earth, just because he has tattoos above the neck. If those people had kids, sometimes they would grab their kid's arm and pull them down an aisle just so they wouldn't have to walk by him... I guess they thought he was carrying the plague or something embedded in the ink. :/
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    My youngest daughter tells people, "I like your tattoos. They are very pretty."
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Five Fingers....
    Skinny Jeans....
    Cauliflower is my favorite veggie....

OMG "skinny jeans." I totally get you.

:) No shame in my game!
  • akoivisto
    akoivisto Posts: 141 Member
    Your face is your cover. You are a book; and you will be judged.

If a potential hire walks in with a 'scowl'. What is your first impression?

Making note; I have two, fairly large tats on my back, I love them; and my next addition is going to be a sleeve; but to work in Corporate 'merica, and most other places... leave the face off the list of places you want a Tat' unless you have wealth, power and status in ample amounts if you want to be hired 'easily'. :)
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    The great Brian Setzer once said,' My daddy told me to never get a tattoo you can't cover up with a suit in front of a judge or you'll already be guilty.' I'd like to think I've done well following this idea

This is my exact philosophy. Also, I can't have my tattoos showing as a teacher. It's just a bad idea. They are all easy to cover up.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    To get back to John's original question, something I do I feel I'm judged for is I have little tact at times so even when I have good intentions I come across as a *kitten* (which I am, just not always). What do I judge others for? Well, not being and thinking just like me of course. Same as everyone else.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    I judge people who claim they don't judge people based on appearances.

The most judge-able thing about me is that I wear jeans and a unicolor t-shirt, all day, erryday.

ETA:
    As for facial tattoos, they say a picture is worth a thousand words. You're welcome.
    painful-piercings-1.jpg