How to stay away from junk food?

When I first started my weight loss goals it was very easy to avoid junk food I/E candy, doughnuts, coffee, soda....etc Now it hard to stay away from them. Any suggestions on how to destroy the want?

Replies

• pros696
    pros696 Posts: 80
    When I first started my weight loss goals it was very easy to avoid junk food I/E candy, doughnuts, coffee, soda....etc Now it hard to stay away from them. Any suggestions on how to destroy the want?
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    brush your teeth often.

Always have something healthy that you have permission to eat.

Allow yourself some "junk food" in controlled portions and environments( you might not be able to have a carton of ice cream at home, but you might be able to stop for a cone and count it.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    I too have a problem with junk food (like right now im at work starving with a vending machine right in front of me haha) but I find that the 100 cal packs do well for me... I bought them last week thinking maybe if I ate the entire box it would help my cravings, not just one little bag! But one little bag did really help! If I REALLY want junk I will exercise to have it and work it in somehow.
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Watching a program called "You are what you eat" on BBC America sometimes helps me stamp out of my junk food cravings
  • Watching a program called "You are what you eat" on BBC America sometimes helps me stamp out of my junk food cravings

I agree with that, the way they display certain food makes you never want to eat it again!

Also eat some fruit, its naturally sweet, and i usually eat it for dessert.
    YOu can also eat 60% dark chocolate or darker if you choose. Its not that bad for you, and its a nice treat