I HATE THE SCALE!

:mad:
I DID REALLY WELL WHEN I STARTED FITNESS PAL. THEN AFTER 2 MONTHS OF SLACKING OFF, GAVE ME 7 LBS BACK. I NEVER INTENDED TO "RELAX" SO MUCH FROM MY NEW ROUTINE, BUT I HATE STARTING BACK AT SQUARE 1. I AM TOO IMPATIENT ALSO. I WORKED REALLY HARD FOR A FEW MONTHS AND LOST 11, AND IF YOU KNEW MY EXERCISE ROUTINE YOU WOULD BE AS PERPLEXED AS I AM. I ALSO DID THE ATKIN'S WHICH SHED THE OUNDS LIKE NOTHING, BUT I DON'T THINK I COULD START THAT 2 WEEK PERIOD AGAIN. THANKS FOR LETTING ME VENT.:huh:

Replies

• :mad:
    I DID REALLY WELL WHEN I STARTED FITNESS PAL. THEN AFTER 2 MONTHS OF SLACKING OFF, GAVE ME 7 LBS BACK. I NEVER INTENDED TO "RELAX" SO MUCH FROM MY NEW ROUTINE, BUT I HATE STARTING BACK AT SQUARE 1. I AM TOO IMPATIENT ALSO. I WORKED REALLY HARD FOR A FEW MONTHS AND LOST 11, AND IF YOU KNEW MY EXERCISE ROUTINE YOU WOULD BE AS PERPLEXED AS I AM. I ALSO DID THE ATKIN'S WHICH SHED THE OUNDS LIKE NOTHING, BUT I DON'T THINK I COULD START THAT 2 WEEK PERIOD AGAIN. THANKS FOR LETTING ME VENT.:huh:
  • I'm sorry to hear this. I know how frustrating this can be. Unfortunately, you are the only one who can do anything about it. I've definitely been there so I know it's a terrible feeling to have to start all over again, but it can be done. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    You really are more upset with yourself than you are with the object of animosity.... aren't you?

We really only have ourselves to blame when we "check out" and then believe nothing significant will have changed once we decide to "check back in." It's very unrewarding. You already know this so what I'm going to write here isn't going to be new to you.

Atkins, Scarsdale, South Beach, etc., they are just that diets with every intention of forcing a change in our eating habits by cutting out the threat foods in our lives. The difference with MFP is that it shouldn't be considered a "diet" because diets are things you fall off of going back to your old habits once you have achieved your goal. MFP is a change in life style eating habits that are for life. You don't cut out the things you crave you just try to understand how much of something is acceptable in exchange for something else in your daily life.

The fact that you're here and writing in frustration means that you're giving yourself another chance and that's a good thing because we generally do not like to exercise and eat healthy and we naturally find it very difficult to get back onto a healthy routine once we've fallen off..... believe me I know because I've been through it a number of times in my life.

Hang in there and stay clear of the scales until you get yourself regulated and back into a groove once again. :flowerforyou:
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    I believe that focusing on the positive thing you are doing right now by returning to MFP is more important than the past.
    When we live in the here and now, and we do our very best today, we can feel good about that. Takes practice.

I've yo-yo'ed so much in my life. Al the way up to 295, then down to 213, then to 280, then to 240, then to 270, and so on and so on--and during all the times that I was on the upward track with numbers I was berating myself the whole way, it's only when I was losing weight that I stopped the negativity.

Eventually I could see that, for me, focusing on what I did wrong wasn't stopping me from continuing to do it. It works for some people, but I don't think everyone.

So ask yourself if you need yourself to become a drill sarge barking in your own ears to get healthy,
    or if the drill sarge is only giving you a temporary push.

Some of us need to treat ourselves as we would a struggling person who needs compassion.