I had to get it ALTERED!!

jules1984
jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
So I bought a dress a month and a half ago and haven't worn it yet - a super cute strapless black and white print number. It was a smidge big when I bought it but they didn't have my size.

I have a wedding on Saturday, I pulled out the dress today and I was SWIMMING in it!! I actually took it to a taylor and not only did she take it in, she couldn't just take it in in the darting, she had to take both sides in! I had to pay extra because now she has to move the whole zipper but I seriously don't care!!

YAY!!! Do you guys get your favorite clothes altered as you lose or just buy all new ones?

Replies

• jules1984
    So I bought a dress a month and a half ago and haven't worn it yet - a super cute strapless black and white print number. It was a smidge big when I bought it but they didn't have my size.

I have a wedding on Saturday, I pulled out the dress today and I was SWIMMING in it!! I actually took it to a taylor and not only did she take it in, she couldn't just take it in in the darting, she had to take both sides in! I had to pay extra because now she has to move the whole zipper but I seriously don't care!!

YAY!!! Do you guys get your favorite clothes altered as you lose or just buy all new ones?
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    At 5' tall, I'm used to getting things altered all the time anyway. So, I have gotten some things taken in...as long as the item is not replaceable for the same value or is irreplaceable!
  • eriquita
    eriquita Posts: 69
    Good Job!!!!!!!

I haven't had to get altered any clothes(yet :wink: ), but i wore today pants that I bought 2 years ago!!!, they were on super sale and i bought them hoping to fit on them and that day was today!!!!! that is one out of 4 brand new pants that I started to think to donate a few months ago since my closet was to cluttered to have them. I felt super sexy today on them and ...:blushing: even got compliments...

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]75038.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • neha_duvvuri
    neha_duvvuri Posts: 186 Member
    Awesome! Good going!
    That reminds me, I have a white n black number too. Lemme try!
    :tongue:
  • jenbjen
    jenbjen Posts: 1
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

:wink: Yes, it's so exciting! I alter my own clothes. Congratulations!!!! WOO HOO!!!
  • DebbsHereNow
    DebbsHereNow Posts: 33 Member
    That is so fantastic! I love hearing stories like that!:flowerforyou:
  • jules1984
    Awesome! Good going!
    That reminds me, I have a white n black number too. Lemme try!
    :tongue:

Did you try your dress on? How did it fit?
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    I'm getting my bridesmaid dress altered! yay...it probably would have been big on me before tho haha

Congrats!:flowerforyou:
  • JennyGetsFit
    JennyGetsFit Posts: 263 Member

WTG, Jules!
    I love the feeling but hate to pay for alteration (I am cheap :embarassed: )!
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    I recently had to get 3 suits tailored, cost me almost 140 bucks! but it was worth it.
    A guy's gotta stay classy!

good luck and good job!
  • neha_duvvuri
    neha_duvvuri Posts: 186 Member
    Thx for keeping that in mind. It fits fine.
    But am not comfy with my thighs. need to tone up a little.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!