• bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    yay! great job!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Awsome!! such an inspiration.:drinker: :drinker:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Wow! That is just awesome! Congrats to you!!!:flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: You look great!!! :drinker:
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Just curious.......when you say you hit a plateau you bumped up your caloric intake. I have a feeling I am taking in too few cals. What did you add to your diet to get more calories? By the way, congrats!

I started at 1200 cals like most people and then bumped it up to 1450, 1650 and now probably 1800 or 1900 to maintain. I just started eating more, and it was great!! I would have the entire hardboiled egg instead of just egg whites. I had regular cheese on my salad instead of fat free feta, or I would add black beans or chicken. Litltle things incorporated into my usual routine.
    If you think you are taking in too few calories, then bump them up a few hundred and see what happens. You may be surprised. Check out these two posts from Banks -
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/12250-1000-calorie-deficit-not-for-people-with-healthy-bmi
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

Good luck!!
  • lizard9800
    Woohoo!!! Congratulations! You make it sound easy! :wink:

Ha! Not easy at first with the lower calories, but it got better over time. And I really enjoyed working out. Now I get a little cranky if I can't get a good workout in every other day or so! I would have never believed it considering how much time I used to spend in front of the tv!

Just curious, what were you doing all summer that required you to live in a tent and eat trail food?
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Congrats to you!! How wonderful you must feel!!! You are definitely an inspiration! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Woohoo!!! Congratulations! You make it sound easy! :wink:

Ha! Not easy at first with the lower calories, but it got better over time. And I really enjoyed working out. Now I get a little cranky if I can't get a good workout in every other day or so! I would have never believed it considering how much time I used to spend in front of the tv!

Just curious, what were you doing all summer that required you to live in a tent and eat trail food?

I am the same way! I neeeeeed my workouts, it's an addiction! :laugh: This summer I was a climbing director with the Boy Scouts...so I lived at an outpost in the woods and entertained the crews that backpacked to my area. I had to live in a tent because there's nothing out there lol, no electricity/plumbing/running water (except the creek, but that doesn't really count). I taught climbing and did campfires and such. It sucked, and if I never have dried milk again in my life, it'll be too soon. :sick:
  • abby1949
    abby1949 Posts: 32
    Fantastic!!! You must feel great! Please keep in touch as we need people like you to inspire us!
    cheers!
    Lyn:drinker:
  • CONGRATS!!! Your a great inspiration!!!!! :drinker:
  • msce2
    msce2 Posts: 35
    Congratulations! And thank you for the tips on how you did it!!!!!
  • lizard9800
    Congrats to you!! How wonderful you must feel!!! You are definitely an inspiration! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Tami, YOU are the inspiration! You rock!
  • lizard9800
    Liz!!! Way to go!!!! I am so proud of you! :drinker:

Holy cow! You are looking awesome these days. Keep it up girl!!:drinker:
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    WOW!!! Congratulations!!!!!!! You look fabulous & thanks for sharing your secrets with us :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!