30 day no drinking challenge! September 14 - October 13

Who wants to join me? I need support! I'm sure that a lot of you here can relate to me on this. I don't feel that I'm an alcoholic per se, but I know I drink too much. Next week I have two birthday parties to go to, but my goal is to *only* drink on those days. Then starting on September 14th I want to go for 30 days with no alcohol! I just need to clear it out of my system and make some headway on this weight loss. Right now alcohol is by far the number one thing holding me back, so I need to kick this. Who wants to join me in this challenge? :happy:

Also feel free to send me a friend request if you like. (But you don't have to.)

Replies

• ADRsmama
    ADRsmama Posts: 45 Member
    I'm down. I haven't had a drink in 3 days! My plan is to cut it out of my life completely, though.
  • mykizmom
    mykizmom Posts: 191 Member
    I am in. I started on the first but two more weeks won't hurt. I know it has been one of the reasons I have not gotten to my goal.
  • phillyb2013
    phillyb2013 Posts: 271 Member
    You go girls!!!!

I am not ready to completely cut the alcohol out, I am not working on cutting back.
  • phillyb2013
    You go girls!!!!

I am not ready to completely cut the alcohol out, I am not working on cutting back.

LOL....so auto correct kills me again, lol. Should read:
    I am not ready to completely cut the alcohol out; I am now working on cutting back!

I am cracking up thinking omgosh ppl will think I am crazy, lol.
  • phillyb2013
    I am here cheering you all on.....how are you all doing with your challenge?

My challenge is to move forward in September and exercise everyday and burn at least 600 cal each time....so far so good!!!

Wishing you all strength and will power :-) This stuff is hard, but we can make these changes - one change at a time !
  • Starts today!
  • phillyb2013
    how are we doing :-)

I am getting close to joining y'all....I am moving to really moderating my drinking to Friday (only 1 drink if any), Saturday no more than 3 and Sunday only 1 drink. This would be a big improvement for me :-) And then hopefully I can slowly move it to no drinks....just not ready yet :-)
  • Becre8tive
    Becre8tive Posts: 108 Member
    I am in :-)
  • Yay! The more the merrier.

So far so good for me. Went to the bar where I normally have tacos and Coronas, but enjoyed my tacos just as much with a Diet Coke with lime. But I didn't stay long. So far I don't miss it, but then again it's only been three days.
  • phillyb2013
    Yay! The more the merrier.

So far so good for me. Went to the bar where I normally have tacos and Coronas, but enjoyed my tacos just as much with a Diet Coke with lime. But I didn't stay long. So far I don't miss it, but then again it's only been three days.

Three days is good....you are doing great!!
  • Becre8tive
    Becre8tive Posts: 108 Member
    I started this group, because I realized that my drinking habits were a little bit out of control. I enjoyed it way too much and a glass of wine was not longer enjoyment, it was a MUST have at the end of the day.

After after cutting down and monitoring my drinking since a while I got some help. I have been put on antibiotics for 4 weeks and drinking was a "No No" and interesting enough, it didn't bother me a bit. I couldn't have a drink...so what...big deal.

Ever since my drinking habits changed. A glass of wine or a drink is enjoyment....not a must have.

So I like this challenge and I am doing great...Nothing to miss and the pounds are coming off!
  • phillyb2013
    I started this group, because I realized that my drinking habits were a little bit out of control. I enjoyed it way too much and a glass of wine was not longer enjoyment, it was a MUST have at the end of the day.

After after cutting down and monitoring my drinking since a while I got some help. I have been put on antibiotics for 4 weeks and drinking was a "No No" and interesting enough, it didn't bother me a bit. I couldn't have a drink...so what...big deal.

Ever since my drinking habits changed. A glass of wine or a drink is enjoyment....not a must have.

So I like this challenge and I am doing great...Nothing to miss and the pounds are coming off!

Hi Be...I was the same way, I haven't given up totally but no longer during the week and now on to moderation on the weekends...this weekend will be the first for this...so wish me luck...:-)
  • mykizmom
    mykizmom Posts: 191 Member
    Today is September 19,2014 i have not had a drink this month, I am doing the work of life. Feeling the pain and joy. In the raw, not using food or wine. No I am not saying never but to be honest I have been fine with learning to enjoy life without food or booze. :flowerforyou: .
  • BusyB223
    BusyB223 Posts: 248 Member
    Today is September 19,2014 i have not had a drink this month, I am doing the work of life. Feeling the pain and joy. In the raw, not using food or wine. No I am not saying never but to be honest I have been fine with learning to enjoy life without food or booze. :flowerforyou: .

I am so happy for you all...

I once craved my homemade Sangria every single day for several months last year. So I choose January to be alcohol free to see if I had an unnecessary attachment to it. It was a major success. I got through the month realizing I didn't have a problem (Thank Goodness) and I didn't need it. So when I started adding it back in I could go weeks before the thought even crossed my mind. I got serious about removing the weight from my body in May, so I had "No Alcohol August" and it was great. I have enjoyed sipping in September but I know that it contributes to weight that I don't want so it's worth it to enjoy it very sparingly. When I go out on the few occassions that I do, I enjoy ordering a Club Soda with Lime. I never thought I would be that woman. I am and love her. Enjoy your month Alcohol Free!
  • I'm at the end of day 9 and I've lost 5 pounds since quitting!
  • Great job everybody!

:happy: