Can't Imagine Myself Skinny

124»

Replies

• I've never been thin, so I can't imagine it either. But, I still work at it.
  • sapphire1166
    sapphire1166 Posts: 114 Member
    Wow, looks like this thread hit home for many people. I'm glad I'm not the only one. When I say "skinny" I really just mean in good shape to run around after my daughter, and preferably a size 12 or below. I was a size 16 as a freshman in high school (currently a 20/22), so I have no idea what I'd look like as a 12, or a 10, or (gasp!) an 8. I know I just need to keep chugging along, but I'm afraid that I'm going to see the changes in myself and not live up to the fantasy I've created in my mind. I really appreciate all the positive thoughts and encouragement!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Just use the mystery of what you'll look like as motivation :) That sounds fun, I think!
  • Sweetvirgo63
    Sweetvirgo63 Posts: 119 Member
    That could be my life story as well. My body isn't designed to go under 160 lbs. so the idea of looking or being "skinny" [as opposed to healthy] has become foreign to me over the years. I simply strive to nurture the body I have by staying fit and eating well for overall health.

As for the size of clothes, manufacturers all have a different idea of what that means. Choose clothes that flatter the body you have as you go along and don't worry about the number or size on the label because what one company calls Size 12 will be Size 14 for another. I have multiple sizes in my closet but none of the clothes are too big or too tight.

Keep going.
  • I understand this feeling too. I was chubby all of my life and become more overweight when I entered high school. I have done some fitness programs which have helped me to lose many pounds (approximately 35-45 depending on the program) but I always ballooned up again when I began college 2 years back. Now here I am in my third year and surprising myself by how committed I am and this is probably the best I have ever looked in my life. I wish you the best of luck and know that you can do it!