reading this really annoyed me!!

Replies

• JojoW8183
    JojoW8183 Posts: 540 Member
    My husband is from the UK, I just sent him the article and he went on a rant about how much cheaper fresh food is in the UK compared to the cost of junk food and take away (take-out). PLUS...it's the UK, you don't need a gym membership! There are soooo many things you can do to get exercise it's ridiculous, you're not limited to an outdoor run. Ugh.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    It costs nothing extra to eat at a caloric deficit. In fact, it costs less than eating at a caloric surplus.
  • mikeshockley
    mikeshockley Posts: 684 Member
    Plenty of money for tats and jewels though.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
  • Kisuke30
    Kisuke30 Posts: 668 Member

this! Can't help people who aren't willing to step up themselves.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Meh... it's the Daily Mail... isn't that the equivelant to the New York Post?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    My husband is from the UK, I just sent him the article and he went on a rant about how much cheaper fresh food is in the UK compared to the cost of junk food and take away (take-out). PLUS...it's the UK, you don't need a gym membership! There are soooo many things you can do to get exercise it's ridiculous, you're not limited to an outdoor run. Ugh.

in the UK you can get gym membership on prescription from your doctor so you dont have to pay!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    So typical of people with their hand out. Blaming everyone else tfor their self inflicted problems.

Get a Job !!!
  • JojoW8183

in the UK you can get gym membership on prescription from your doctor so you dont have to pay!

Oh I know, it's part of NHS! Gym memberships are for health, therefore covered by their healthcare system, as are many cosmetic procedures. She could probably get free liposuction to get her started and "motivated", but we can all tell it's not being healthy that she's looking for, it's more money.
  • Tammy_1971
    Tammy_1971 Posts: 93 Member
    Plenty of money for tats and jewels though.

THIS... plus that nasty hair color... and.. she cannot afford the gym because she would have to give up on some of her favorite pizza and chinese food? Are you flippin kidding me?!?!?
  • WelshPhil1975
    WelshPhil1975 Posts: 138 Member
    Speaking as someone form the UK, we aren't all like her.
  • Lottiotta
    Lottiotta Posts: 162 Member
    Speaking as someone from the UK, be VERY WARY of the Daily Mail. They're hate-mongers, a bit like Fox News but British. Urgh. They have most likely twisted everything and lied outright.
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    'I tried swimming but it cost £22 a month and it meant I had to cut back on my favourite pizza and Chinese takeaways.'

Lol....
  • emily889
    emily889 Posts: 296 Member
    Uhhhh this is disgusting lol
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    I was dismayed but not shocked by this article - unfortunately there are many out there who will use any reason to blame others for their weight gain. I think I was much more disgusted by the fact that her daughter has ADHD and kidney problems - a good diet can help reduce symptoms of ADHD and I dread to think what the diet high in salt and fat will be doing to her daughters kidneys.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    no job, 2 kids, makes sense. she's probably pregnant with another on the way
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Pretty sure when I was a broke student, I barely ate anything. Not binge on junk food and fast food.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member

Oh I know, it's part of NHS! Gym memberships are for health, therefore covered by their healthcare system, as are many cosmetic procedures. She could probably get free liposuction to get her started and "motivated", but we can all tell it's not being healthy that she's looking for, it's more money.

No we don't get free liposuction or other cosmetic surgery on the NHS and although we don't have to pay we do have to wait - imagine waiting 3 months for a heart bypass?
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    ALSO you don't have to pay loads to exercise. There's walking, running or even exercise videos on youtube.
  • JojoW8183

No we don't get free liposuction or other cosmetic surgery on the NHS and although we don't have to pay we do have to wait - imagine waiting 3 months for a heart bypass?

I have known several individuals who have received cosmetic surgery via NHS...including my husband :ohwell:, plus...I rather wait 3 months for a bypass than depend on the US system (prior to the ACA) of "go bankrupt while trying to get treatment"